Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Modded Brera wth 20" wheels....
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #12 of Old 4 Weeks Ago
sizewell
AO Silver Member

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
LoL….you guys cant be serious?....It looks awful IMO, especially the arches....and more to the point having bigger rear tyres serves a purpose ….to get the power to the floor with less loss of traction...like my old CLK with AMG pack. But that is a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car....so apart from making it look like my 9 year old son drew it what's the point? He says "The big wheels on the back give so much grip. It sticks to the road"....it would do and the big rears wont make any difference.....my 2.0 201hp 159 barely breaks traction with stock 17s!! Anyone who knows its FWD will laugh and point...I would!! Its also adding unnecessary unsprung weight which wont help handling. Hopefully he has fitted tyres with the same rolling radius front and rear or it will confuse the hell out of the ABS sensors...which in turn will affect other functions like hill holder, VDC etc.! There is probably a 17 year old with a wipe clean laminated copy of the photo from that add next to the tissues by his bed right now!! Each to their own I guess....not for me though....as you may have guessed!!

…..quite like the front and rear bumper conversion though!!!
…..quite like the front and rear bumper conversion though!!!

I think that white is fantastic and particularly at the back, reduces the fat - arsed Broad look about the car. Silly wheel sizes but could be a good car. Too much money though, given the original buyer would probably recovered a fair bit from his motor mileage and tax breaks. 4,500 at that mileage.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome