Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Cars you really dislike...
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
mj2k
AO Silver Member

County: Herts
Garage

Member car:

Subaru Legacy H6

Most of the cars I dislike (loathe is too strong a word) are for fairly logical reasons - post-Euro2 diesels because they took a tough, efficient, reliable engine and turned it into a complicated, unreliable mess, SUVs because they're a fake-offroad sea of blandness and EVs because they're a fake 'green' solution, moving the pollution from the tail pipe to the power station, whilst adding extra poisonous cadnium, etc pollution where the batteries are made, created and disposed of.

But there are a few I hate for less rational reasons:
  • Modern Landrover Discoveries because they're driven by ignorant morons and you always get a new dent if one parks next to you
  • Modern Minis. They're not Minis, they're BMWs! And the Clubman is so ugly it could have been designed by Ssangyong
  • VWs. Over-hyped unreliable rubbish pedalled by crooks
  • Most BMWs - I'd love to try a CSL, 635, 850 or maybe one of the bigger 'cooking' M series sometime, but can't get over the typical hideous BMW dashboard design, or the thought that most of them are driven by willy-heads
  • Oh, and as everyone else has mentioned, the RCZ. In the past Peugeot have made some great cars (504 coupe, 406 v6 coupe, 205 GTi, 306 cabriolet / gti) but they lost it with this one - why create a such a spectacular-looking mid-engined car and then stick an engine in the front which is less powerful than an asthmatic hamster? A true hairdresser's car. But it doesn't make me angry, just sad when I think what it could have been

Last edited by mj2k; 12-05-19 at 10:17.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome