Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Cars you really dislike...
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #1 of Old 10-05-19 Thread Starter
keithyboy
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

Cars you really dislike...

.... for really irrational and illogical reasons.

Firstly, the Peugeot RCZ. I really like the shape, it's quirky and interesting and the double bubble roof reminds me of old land speed cars and mentalist Zagato stuff. However, the short nose and long rear deck scream mid-engined. I was so disappointed when someone told me it was FWD that I had to double check. My son has been a passenger in one and reports that the back seat is not a great place for people with heads or legs. Far better to put a motor in there.

Audi A5. To me the shape is pure muscle car. Long bonnet, shorter boot, 2-doors. For this reason it should have a V8 AND RWD. It doesn't. Disappointed again. (I am aware that you can have a V8 but not with a live axle and RWD. Fail!)

I was going to add the Audi S3 too. In theory there's a lot to like; plenty of power, 4WD grip, decent build quality, practical body shape.... However, every tracky-bottoms-tucked-in-socks wannabe drug dealer in the North West drives one (usually like and absolute bell....). That's not a group of people I wish to be associated with. On balance, I don't think that is irrational or illogical though.

Auto Express - six issues for a quid. Offer must end soon (and then immediately start up again).

Free poor quality torch/T-cut/I luv my VW Polo sew-on badge

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome