Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Alfa Romeo 156 v6 2.5 when should the fans work
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zewolf View Post
Guys i do not understand how this is normal, if this is normal that the car run on 97, why the gauge shows it is not normal, here is a link of the gauge running on 97 Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting i dont know how to attach pics here
but anyways, yah my car cf3 and has ony 1 sensor with 4 pins that is sending the data to the ecu and the gauge, what i need to understand what is missing here why the gauge shows the temp is high while it is normal, as i believe cf3 cars has canbus so this problem should not happen,
No, 156 CF3 cars do NOT have CAN bus, and the temp gauge is analog, not stepper controlled.... As said, your car uses 2 seperate sensors built into the same case, one for the gauge, one for the engine ECU, which is also confirmed by your own statement that the sensor has a connection with 4 pins .
This means that in theory what the gauge displays and what MES indicates (the ecu measurement) can differ, as they use seperate sensors. Usually the temp as measured by the ecu is more accurate, this is also used to controll the fan switch-on/off.

156's are known to often have less accurate temp.gauges, though they do react immediately to all temp changes, contrary to the more modern cars with gauges controlled via can bus/ecu (for example 147, giulietta, mito etc.), which reflect what the ecu measures, but are damped as mentioned before.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome