Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Alfa Romeo 156 v6 2.5 when should the fans work
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
[email protected]
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by zewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwq View Post
for most (all?) the later models, the temp. settings are:
low speed: 95 degr
high speed: 102 degr

as measured by the ecu.

and how can i change that on the ECU maps ? did any one try to do that ? i have tried that in my previous e46 330 following the instructions on this website
Perhaps you cant.
Theres been loads of input on this thread, from various models including 147 156 etc
Somebody said that the 147 dial is designed to operate so that it shows 90oC steady when the actual temp fluctuates between 85 and 95

If the operating temp is 90 then it makes no sense to turn the fan on at 91 or 92. It would wait till 95, then come on to cool the car down.

Maybe the manufacturer doesnt want us to see this fluctuation as its disconcerting to the driver but on some models the needle DOES indicate the change because...well....its an alfa and consistency is boring and not part of Italian flair and style. (No two alfas seem to be the same).

If the car does not steam or lose coolant and the fans seem to work and, in general ,there's no drama, then maybe its fine to leave it alone 👍

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome