Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Giulietta - Learning from the Dodge Dart forums
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #10 of Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
jomper
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by haakon View Post
I spent a lot of time there researching oil specifications for the MA. I just don't think the Selenia is much good, and their insistence on a C3 low saps oil that's designed to keep diesel DPFs happy didn't sit right.

US market Multiairs are always specced "conventional" A3 oils - which are better oils if you're after lubrication and longevity with high sulphur fuel (Australia is a bit backwards in many respects, crappy fuel is one of them...).

I put in what the US dealers are told to use - Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 A3/B4 (which is sold in the US as a Pennzoil). Massive improvement in smoothness and quietness over the Selenia.

An alloy subframe and cast wishbones might be a nice G upgrade too https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/...alkaround.html

Interesting! Coincidentally I didn't notice as many MultiAir problem threads or MultiAir problems being the "go to" answer. That's, however, obviously in no way scientific.
Checked the Dart 1.4 MA owner manual and it recommends "API Certified SAE 5W-40 Synthetic Engine Oil" with the "Chrysler MS-10725" specification. The Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 A3/B4 you mention has this. It also has the Fiat 9.55535-Z2 spec, which sounds suspiciously close to the one we have recommended in our G's. If it's the standard oil in the Darts 1.4 MA engines, it should be totally safe. If it makes it smoother and quieter it's a big plus.
I will be considering this oil when I'm changing it next time.

Also, interesting article about the suspension. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnL View Post
Which sites do you mean exactly?
www.dodge-dart.org

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome