Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Giulietta - Learning from the Dodge Dart forums
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #7 of Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
jomper
AO Member

County: -
From all my reading, the CDV was made to make it easier for new manual drivers. To protect the drive line from sudden "clutch drops", something that an "old school" manual driver would never accidentally do. The concept is good, but the execution bad. My dad has a 2014 V70 which in all likelihood has a CDV. Works great there, not so much in the G. Many of the Americans who are used to driving manuals report the same "I've never had a problem until..." story. CDV solved it. Many report premature wear of the clutch, compared to the company that developed the CDV delete that are one 100k+ miles on the original clutch. Makes sense as a CDV makes it impossible to not slip the clutch.

Personally, I've never slipped a clutch in my driving career untill the G.

Fake edit: Also, most thread I've read on the Dodge Dart forums have clutch/transmissions problems on the original setup, but less so with the delete. Obviously very anecdotal and confounded evidence since the people who like the CDV delete are people who know how to drive manual, while the people transmission troubles might not.

Also, CDV delete is a very popular mod on the BMW E90 3-series.

Last edited by jomper; 1 Week Ago at 16:38.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome