Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Giulietta - Learning from the Dodge Dart forums
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #1 of Old 14-04-19 Thread Starter
jomper
AO Member

County: -
Giulietta - Learning from the Dodge Dart forums

I've been thinking about this. The Dodge Dart (.org) forums are very active, and the community has tons of mods (CDV delete, lightweight flywheel, 4C/1750 coils and so on). The Dart itself is based on a modified G platform, and many have the 1.4 MultiAir in combination with the C635 gearbox in either manual or DCT. From reading on the forums there I've found that:
- the coils suck and wear out quickly
- the clutch sucks, and the clutch delay valve delete kit they've got makes the clutch so much better
- they have tons of upgrade mods in the US that are unheard of here
- the clutch slave and master cylinder tend to go
... and a ton more stuff.

I've been in contact with the makers of the clutch delay valve delete kit and while they can't promise it'll fit, they seemed optimistic and interested in me trying it on the Giulietta (same engine and gearbox, and the parts look identical so should fit). So I ordered it. It's on the way as I write this. I'm 90% sure it'll fit, but still a bit anxious about how it'll play out. Best case scenario - it's all I've hoped for. Worst case I'm out 60$ in shipping.

Anyone else been reading the Dart forums?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome