Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Working from Home ?
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #5 of Old 12-04-19 Thread Starter
ronan
AO Silver Member

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithyboy View Post
I'd say give it a go and see how you feel.

I'm notionally doing it one day a week. I only do it if there's only me in the house so it doesn't happen every week. For me commuting is upwards of an hour a day plus train fare, or a fiver to park. I usually leave for work at about 6.15 - 6.30am meaning I get up at 5.45-6am. Working at home gives me an extra hour in bed, I can make proper coffee and talk to the dog whilst I work.

The downsides for me aren't what you might expect. I don't get distracted, without the office background noise I get quite engrossed in things. I do the same hours as when at work and get a lot more done but I find myself feeling a bit knackered at the end of it. I have to remember to take breaks or my back seizes up and making do with one screen is a bit of a pain. I can mitigate against this to some extent by organising things in such a way that the stuff I have to do doesn't rely on multiple screens.

I don't worry about work entering my home. Once I've done my day's work I turn my laptop off and do normal domestic stuff. I always have my work phone on anyway (I have been known to take it on holiday in order to avoid returning to 150 pointless emails).
Work phone.....nooooooo....perhaps that's cos you earn much more than me.....there is work and there is home....for me never the twain shall meet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome