Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Working from Home ?
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #4 of Old 1 Week Ago
keithyboy
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

I'd say give it a go and see how you feel.

I'm notionally doing it one day a week. I only do it if there's only me in the house so it doesn't happen every week. For me commuting is upwards of an hour a day plus train fare, or a fiver to park. I usually leave for work at about 6.15 - 6.30am meaning I get up at 5.45-6am. Working at home gives me an extra hour in bed, I can make proper coffee and talk to the dog whilst I work.

The downsides for me aren't what you might expect. I don't get distracted, without the office background noise I get quite engrossed in things. I do the same hours as when at work and get a lot more done but I find myself feeling a bit knackered at the end of it. I have to remember to take breaks or my back seizes up and making do with one screen is a bit of a pain. I can mitigate against this to some extent by organising things in such a way that the stuff I have to do doesn't rely on multiple screens.

I don't worry about work entering my home. Once I've done my day's work I turn my laptop off and do normal domestic stuff. I always have my work phone on anyway (I have been known to take it on holiday in order to avoid returning to 150 pointless emails).

Auto Express - six issues for a quid. Offer must end soon (and then immediately start up again).

Free poor quality torch/T-cut/I luv my VW Polo sew-on badge

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome