Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Spring Sunday Early Morning Drive
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
Philcrazy
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: UK also in 159 2.4TI Sportswagon
Garage

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

28th Drive day

Quote:
Originally Posted by goremohekan View Post
Sunday 28th April.

Just confirming that I will be at Bearsted Tesco fuel station ME14 5TQ on 0645 ready for prompt 0700 start.

I may not have the Spider as the guy doing the rust repairs has put it away into storage...doh!

I will print out a couple of rendezvous points in case we get split up (and also my mob. phone number)...but the main thing is: do not lose your wing man, I.E. wait for the guy behind you at any junction/roundabout that involves turning off to the left or right.

Apart from that, follow rules of the road...no speeding or silly revving engines through villages (needs not to be said really as everyone has always been considerate thus far) and no tailgating. If everyone indicates early at junctions that also helps the convoy to anticipate upcoming junctions etc.

As for the little sw radios...feel welcome to bring one, but we won't be relying on them to keep up communications...as their range is unpredictable.

Looking forward to some renewed Alfa fellowship!
Hi John

I have just had details of the AROC schedule it is meeting at Headcorn for coffee at 9.45am on the 28th then leaving at 10.30 around following a route to Hole Park in around 30 miles. Expected to arrive for those that want optional lunch at around 12pm.

I have attached a picture of schedule, not sure if this could be worked at the end of your planned route? I know the enjoyable driving will be earlier when you meet as roads will be much quieter as we have always found.

Cheers
P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 962AFB53-704F-47EB-9F8F-00D089EAE3C2.jpg (118.2 KB, 19 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome