Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Stelvio Italian Front Number Plate Plinth
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
fangio63
AO Member

County: Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by IainUK View Post
The front bumper does not require drilling. There are already little square holes in the flat black plastic section at the the top of the left hand side grille. The fixing screws for the plinth come with corresponding square fittings that simply press into these holes. Here is my Italian market short front plinth.
Hi .. Did this work for you ?

I've recently picked mine up and had the dealer put my 4 digit plate onto the car.
No Plate holder, just stick pads onto the plastic bit - same position as yours.
My plate was 355mm wide - and the min legal height 111mm - but I found that it interfered with the front parking sensor.

I've just put a smaller one on 330mm x 111mm (minimum I can get away with) - and re-mounted it further to the off-side edge.
I would have thought that it now clears the remit of the parking sensor - but I'm not entirely sure it has (I have had the occasional error message - "Clean Sensors" or "Front Sensors unavailable" ..

I've not had the car long enough - and when I've driven it my minds on other things - so I've not really noticed whether the sensors work or not - The message clears pretty rapidly as soon as I move off..

How did you get on ?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome