Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Alfa Romeo Spider 916 Electronic Hood
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
Nellytheroc
AO Silver Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
I have tried connecting the same way with no luck. I think the only way is to connect directly to the hood ECU with a 3 pin connector but I havenít tried this yet. I had a similar problem; nothing when I pressed the button but if I used the manual switches and lifted the back of the hood, it would start working. It would close up to the point when the back of the hood locks and stop again. The issue was solved by adjusting the length of the rear pins. One had about 4-5mm of thread showing, the other had none. 5 mins and a 17mm spanner and I adjusted one so they both had the same amount of thread showing. Seems to have done the trick.

The nut at the back was loose and the worm drive must have screwed the pin as far back into the frame as it would go. Iím guessing that it wasnít sticking in the hole enough to operate the second microswitch and tell the ECU that it was locked. Because it thought it wasnít locked it didnít continue with the cycle to close the hood. On opening because it thought one pin was locked and one wasnít it got confused and did nothing until I used the manual switches and it knew both were unlocked and could carry on.

2001 GTV Twin Spark - Aerokit, teledials, Ragazzon quads, MTEC discs, DS Performance pads
2000 Spider Twin Spark - 17Ē multispokes, colour matched mirrors, OEM luggage rack, Ultra Racing strut brace, Fox quads, Zender fuel flap cover

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome