Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - I'm out :(
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Thread: I'm out :(
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #11 of Old 08-07-17 Thread Starter
Brooking10
AO Silver Member

County: Northants
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
That's a real shame.

AR should be ashamed.

Have you rejected it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
There's always lemons in whichever make (let's hope your next car isn't one!) buy it's the way they deal with it and you've been let down.

If it was me I'd reject the car and get a new one, especially as there don't seem to be issues with newer builds. However, it's your money, your choice. Would be nice to know what you've gone for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingwray View Post
Are we allowed to ask to which vehicle you are moving on to?

Ridiculous situation and I have to say I do not blame you at all.

I haven't formally rejected the car as I'm not keen to get involved in all the to and fro that will entail with no guarantee of success nor of having a car that will be ready for the summer. I'm having a separate discussion with AR which may or not result in anything on my favour.

Therefore I am in the realms of man maths and have done a deal on another car which if I don't think about it too much I can content myself makes some financial sense. In truth it's not the greatest fiscal decision of my life but as stated originally it deals with the domestic issue and moves things on.

I didn't say which car I have gone for for fear of provoking the usual sort of inane comments from the usual quarters. It's an M4 Competition Pack Convertible. It doesn't feel as immediately lively as the Quad nor as obviously special but it serves a range of purposes and is plenty quick enough. I'm lucky enough to have access to a couple of other cars for comfortable family duties and when I want a very intense driving experience so this is a nice enough middle ground for now.

I think it bears repeating just how disappointed I am at this outcome and I'm not flouncing off in an "all Alfa's are rubbish" state of high dudgeon, I just need to be pragmatic and draw a line under what was a very brief, very enjoyable but also heartbreaking little love affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome