Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Solved-Spider roof fault
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
yerbamateo
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_The_Spider View Post
Do you know the part numbers for those sensors for the lid? (Ideally all of them).

Ideally Alfa and supplier because I am sure the latter will be much cheaper. Hopefully they are just cheap microswitches which you buy from RS or something.

PM if it is easier.
Hi Ryan,

Abandon all hope - those sensors apparently are are sold only as a harness, with cabling, part number according to eper is 71748886 for the one on the hood cover. It's far from cheap, eper shows around 200Eu. Dont't know who the supplier is, (Lear?), but I've never saw harnesses sold outside of the official dealer's network.

But - I doubt very much that Hall sensors are faulty, takes probably physical damage to kill them. These are not mechanical microswitches. You can check them, it's basically watching the voltage when you move a small magnet close by.
Test procedure, if anyone needs it, attached below.

Don't know what problems you're experiencing, and why you think it's the sensors... If your mechanic talks about "microswitches" then probably it's time to look elsewhere for advice. BMW used to have proper trainings for their staff on the cabrio hoods, and it's basically the same construction.

//Mateo
Attached Files
File Type: pdf test_sensor.pdf (79.2 KB, 131 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome