Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Tyres for the Quadrifoglio
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
Ali_
AO Silver Member

County: West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 146Nick View Post
I've moaned on another thread about the lack of grip I'm getting. It really is pretty bad, and I was being a tad dozy on the motorway this morning and had to stand on the brakes. The fronts wanted to lock way before I thought they should so it's not just rear end grip that's affected. It wasn't close or scary but it could have been if my doziness was worse.

Looking into it, it looks like the P Zero Corsas are track focused tyres that don't work well in the cold. Have a look at this different between pirelli p zero vs p zero corsa - Page 1 - Supercar General - PistonHeads. A quote from one post "AM actually made you sign a disclaimer saying that you understood that the tires were useless below 7c."

I'll also draw your attention to the fact that BlackCircles.com (normally a pretty cheap site) has the rears at 327 each. http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogu...?tyre=34726731

Yikes.
If you do a search on tyre size, it's easily the most expensive. Conti Sport 5s and Pilot Sports 2s are 100 less, and probably better tyres for year round! I'd still buy winters though. Reminds me of when the M3 CSL came out and owners were horrified when they had zero grip in the wet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome