Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Solved-Spider roof fault
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
SpiderSaint
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
That really does sound like the gas struts, for the time taken to change them-1 hour at most-it does take the negative feeling away when using the roof. After all,the smile as the roof goes down is a very big part of having a convertible.
I left mine as I was told by an Alfa dealer that it was the ram at fault, this would cost 500 plus labour but here's the sting in the tail, Im told there's no way I'll get one.

Its not detracting from the elegant dance it does when putting the hood up or down and as with other little Alfaisms you sort of get used to them and live with them.

I made the tool up as it means I can push the frame in the correct position without worrying about catching anything else.

Most of my problems and worries are with the electrics cutting out and that's what I have to concentrate on for the time being, maybe I'll look at the roof struts when my electrical problems are sorted, they are looking good at the moment after changing a relay but she needs a bit more testing to be fully confident.

Driving in an Alfa wonderland

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome