Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Brexit
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
gtv160
AO Silver Member

County: -
There will be a lot of nonsense bandied about before this is over. Saw a guy on tv saying he wanted out because the EC were requiring him to put a particular label on the salmon he was producing. If he wants to sell to the ec after Britain leaves he wil still have to do this -he will have to produce a product that complies with and has been produced in accordance with ec standards (he may even have to pay a independent assessor such as BRC to assess that he complies ). Manufacturers selling products into the ec will have to have those products ce marked to show compliance with ec standards.
The problem with sensible debate is that people are likely to have singular issues which they will concentrate on eg immigration and will not look at the big picture. Trying to put across a complicated argument is likely to lose a large number of voters hence the simplistic headlines. Expect to see more of this.
I don't know how this will all pan out and have not fully made up my own mind about it yet but I think some people will be disappointed with their new utopia after an exit.
I'm afraid I see this as another example of Mr Cameron's weak leadership and putting party interests ahead of the country's. It's possible his gamble on this occasion may not pay off. He is to be applauded though for trying to get a better deal for Britain within Europe (whatever that means) but that appeared to be a pretty poor effort on his part.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome