Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Hamilton on Top Gear

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  AlfaLincs 
#1 ·
It really brings it home how good this guy is when you see him put the "reasonably priced car" around only 0.3s slower than the Stig and only 0.1s slower than Mansell - except the Hamilton's lap was WET and the other two bone dry. Jaw dropping talent. Big respect.

#4 ·
Yeah he was very quick. Quick, but for some reason I don't like him that much. I respect his talent, but he seems to have a smug look on his face all the time.
If you were that good i'm sure you'd find it hard not to look smug either!

The guy is one of the most "normal" people that it in an F1 car!

Schuey was smug! look what he acheived!

Sorry did I go over the top a bit there?? didn't mean to get oo touchy!!:xmas:

G
#9 ·
I'm just a tinsy bit jealous that he is so very, very young and at the top of his sport! It takes money as well as genius to get there so quickly.

If only my racing talents were spotted sooner :lol:

Or I'd married Eddie Jordan ;)

#13 ·
I bet he knows the difference between no and know too!
:D

I like him. I think he's pretty down to earth and nowhere near as smug as half the idiots you come across in "real life" let alone the rarified existence he lives in. The way he went round the second to last corner was something else. The car just seemed to hover round!
:wow:

#16 ·
He 4 wheel drifted it round. Didn't know you could do that in a front wheel drive car. To be fair, he did screw up the last corner a bit though :D

I was saying to Jenny, the most telling thing about the F1 drivers doing that track is the time they seem to have. Everyone else is a flurry of action and fierce concentration, the F1 drivers look like they have all the time in the world.

#17 ·
It's all very well praising hamilton for this, but what about the Stig? he's beaten the lot of them....

WHO IS THAT GUY??

G
#20 ·
"He 4 wheel drifted it round. Didn't know you could do that in a front wheel drive car"

Back in 1991 I attended an Alfa day out at Silverstone where we got to drive all the range roujd the club circuit. The days driving was organised by the late Will Hoy (BTCC champion), and his wife Caroline took three of us out in a 164 Cloverleaf (12valve in those days). We all had to wear helmets, but I bet you have never seen a 164 being four wheel drifted with four up....well I have...from the inside..and it was awesome fun. Shame it was only three laps, but she was a mighty capable driver. Don't try this at home.

AlfaLincs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.