Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - HELP!connect nav+ firmware,fiat forum knows more than us!!!
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
Re: HELP!connect nav+ firmware,fiat forum knows more than us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin36 View Post
thx for letting me know so if the core of the unit is diff can the alfa nav+ system core be updated (firmeware or software) and if so how much will it cost to have this done at the dealers. the reseaon im asking is i have just got the new nav maps from navteq (2007/08) and i read somewhere that your nav+ needs the latest software upgrade .
Yes, the Alfa system can be upgraded. You can check the system software version via the service menu...
see: service menu
to cap:
- press T17 (main)
- press R2 (enter)
a menu appears, which does NOT yet contain an item for service....
- press mute (press T18 till "audio off" appears)
- press T4,5,6 ("1", "2", "3") sequentialy
- press R2 ("enter" )
an extra menu item will appear
- select in "normal" way by rotating R2 en and press (enter)

There are of course 2 items you can update. One is the maps, more or less standard. Available directly from the NavTeq webshop.
The other is the actual system software (firmware), that your Alfa dealer should have (or be able to get) on CDROM.

There are at least 2 versions of the Alfa connect+ around. For one I believe the latest firmware version is 26.16, the other one I'm not sure, see f.i.
Version info . Its numbered 4.xx ...

P.S. all firmware versions will work with the latest maps... They might just not take full advantage of them, for instance for the Trafic info.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome