Alfa Romeo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Complain ? Who me ? No, never !

2K views 48 replies 14 participants last post by  classicgal93 
#1 ·
Who says that it doesn't pay to complain ?! I am off to Glasgow next month to see the launching of a new Type 45 destroyer for the Royal Navy. The invitations arrived this morning and were completely lacking in any useful information re transport arrangements, parking, luncheon facilities etc. This was most unhelpful, of course, especially when it is rare Sassenach who walks abroad in the Glasgow dockyard area looking like he is lost and helpless ! I immediately emailed a complaint re their unhelpfulness and received a reply within seconds offering to send a car to my hotel for me - I think I might yet complain about the seeming lack of luncheon facilities ! Who knows, at this rate I might get a invitation for champagne and canapes in the Director's boardroom !

#2 ·
That sounds very interesting Steve. What is she called and can you say what your role is with regard to the invite to the launch? Are you a supplier, designer, engineer etc?

#16 ·
She is called HMS Diamond and is a Type 45. This class of destroyers is quite the very best in the World and blew the Yanks socks off when they saw the last on on her sea trials.
My role is that I know a lot of Ministry of Defence officials and also ex Royal Naval officers. I can't release any more information at the moment since my agent and publisher would go ape****, but I am presently writing a book about a very famous Luftwaffe versus Royal Navy battle in WW2 ( my Dad served on the ship and survived the attack ). This is how I know so many of these people. I would rather have gone to the launch of the royal Navy's last nuclear submarine earlier this year, but was abroad at the time - hence my going to this launch.

G
#7 ·
Poor Steve. :(

We never take him seriously like he deserves! :mad:

I believe you Steve. :) I'm going as well. Fred Flinstone is giving me a lift so maybe you could catch a lift with us? Oh, and Mrs Doubtfire will be providing 'luncheon'. I called and asked.

See you there! :D

#11 ·
I guess its the 2nd of class you are going to see? How come you got the ticket? I did quite a bit of work on 1st through to 3rd, and had to see the launch of HMS Daring via a video link :( Should be an awesome bit of kit once it's up and running, and the sea trials seem to be going pretty well :)

#20 ·
I have explained elsewhere in this thread how I got the tickets, but, really, anyone can get them if they just write to their M.P. It does help, though, if you have a particular vessel launch in mind. If it helps you, I will send you details of my contacts in BAE Systems who are building plenty of warships. Just email me and I'll let you have their names, titles and email addresses.

#15 ·
Has HMS Dragon been launched yet :confused:

Is this what SLB is on about :confused:

No way that being launched soon though is there :confused:

HMS Dragon

G
#27 ·
Basically Steve, you come across as slightly mental.

If everything you have ever posted is true, then I really would like to make a TV show about your life. It would be a comedy of course, with the main character being a sort of eccentric moaning old git, sort of like a classier Victor Meldrew.

Do I have consent to make such show? Please tell me I do!

G
#28 ·
lol yes you could call it "inside the mind of slb a story of mind over normality, where confusion meets idiocy, sit back and relax as we take you on a journey through the fantasy that is.....Steve lydin brown"

#30 ·
I was actually thinking that SLB could become the presenter of a new Watchdog style programme........................

'Steve's the Man to Sort It Out' :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just imagine it now, businesses/people will be bending over backwards to avoid him like the plague. However, he could use his multiple cloned identities to find them and solve the isssues.:D :D :D

#36 ·
There are times to complain, and times not to. Its a fine line but knowing how to complain effectively is far better than complaining the wrong way.

#34 ·
*grabs another bag of popcorn*

#42 ·
If it costs me money :mad: , serious inconvinience, excessive time or is because of complete ineptness or stupidity :mad: then they will be hearing from me.

If they b*llsh*t me when I complain, then I go into overdrive. Its simple, accept responsibilty and deal with it, its not hard.

Most times a simple written apology/nominal compensation will suffice, but they prefer to lie to you, hoping you have no idea :mad: :mad:

#40 ·
I'm complaing that CG is sitting on the fence.............:) :)

Picks up virtual phone

Hello, is that SLB?? I have a problem :lol: :lol:

#45 ·
I did need a lie down, but when I tried to book into my hotel room they told me they already had 57 Steve Lydon Brown's booked in and that I couldn't possibly be another.

I complained and told them I'm going to write to the President of the United States and the the Chairman of the Oxygen Thief Society who will liase and close the hotel down immediately.

I think I need some sleep. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.