Alfa Romeo Forum banner

PS3 broken. What next?

Tags
broken ps3
608 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  GhostyDog 
G
#1 ·
A minor disaster has befallen my lounge.

My PS3 has died. Powers on, no output to screen, refuses to then power down. Has to be unplugged. It's stuffed.

I'm not a huge gamer, especially since small children invaded my house in 2010. Since then, the PS3 has been used as a Blu Ray, DVD player. It has Amazon Prime video on it. It also stores and plays digital rips of DVDs I have in storage in the attic. It was a 500Gb model and had loads on it.

I was pondering getting another one, or jumping in a PS4, XBOX one, or instead buying a smart Blu Ray player.

Any thoughts against my needs?

Ta

G
#4 ·
Thanks for the reply.

The PS3 has no video output at all. I just get a solid black screen.

It's goosed.

I've managed to get hold of an old style, early PS3 so I shall use that for a while. It's a bit tired and the cooling fans run all the time as it is producing a huge lump of heat.

#8 ·
Sad how quickly these things become worthless. Since upgrading to XBox One my 360 hasn't been touched.

I have around 100 games (all bought new), wheel stand pro, 360 wireless force feedback steering wheel, pedals, controllers, Guitar Hero Gibson Les Paul, wireless headset, but the whole lot is probably only worth about 50p

I've got a 80 GB FAT PS3 with a few games, that got used more as a Blu Ray Player but now I have the One that does that as well. Couldn't even sell this to CEX, they didn't want it.

:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.