Mate, sounds like you've had a total nightmare.
Still, on the bright side:
- Your wallet's somewhere safe, not being used by a hoodie to buy things on the internet.
- You didn't stuff the car into something hard and/or fast-moving when the tyre blew.
- An out-of-control lorry didn't wipe you out as you sat at the side of the road.
- Getting 4 out of 5 wheelnuts off represents an 80% success rate. An 80% hit-rate anywhere else is pretty good.
- Having no fags in the car means you smoked less today, which is better for your health.
- Your car insurance includes breakdown cover. Not all policies have this.
- You discovered that, in the grand scheme of things, a bit of rain's not the end of the world.
- You met another Alfa owner. That's always good.
- Your spacesaver was in good condition, not flat or bald.
- You found booze and fags at home, both of which tasted soooo good after tonight's little episode.
See, there's always worse things!
Swiss likes to tweet! Follow me @SwissMorgan
My current car: 2004 (04) VW Golf 2.0 GT TDi 140 DSG
My previous car: 1999 (T) Alfa Romeo 166 2.5 V6 24v Sportronic Lusso
My username: AramisEvilSwissToniTMI
Aramis of the SMUTsketeers, honorary member of the Durty Dozen, founder of The Literate and member of Trumpets and Muppets.