Originally Posted by GhostyDog
I'm currently looking for a new product to integrate into our report generation workflow at work.
We have been using active reports for the past 3 years but due to the demands of customers are finding the feature set lacking for what we need to deliver.
I’m looking for a report engine with the following features.
• Rapid Report Template Design and Deployment
• Visual Studio SDK (.NET, etc.)
• Contiguous Portrait and Landscape capability within the same pagination
• Ability to produce PDFs with editable/saveable fields using Adobe Reader 8.x or later
Nice to have
• Vector Graphic Handling (DXF, DWG, Etc.)
Does anyone have any experience with any products that can fulfil this feature set?
We just used Access/SQL for our reporting but then it was a college with around 200 staff so parallel data access was rare. It served our needs as we produced our own interface in-house for it all. We did have a section using a web interface for report access that allowed the 1500 students/their parents to access data building the report straight to a web-page.
But then I think we had more limited requirements than you looking at the rest of your list! If you come across something off-list I'd be interested in knowing what it is in case it is something I need in a future job. I like to keep an eye on future options.