GTV6 - Sunroof Questions. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > The Classic Alfa Romeos

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 27-10-11
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Member car:

Alfetta GTV6 & CelicaVVTi

GTV6 - Sunroof Questions.

Heard recently that it is possible to replace the Metal Sunroof on these with a Glass one, this sounds quite interesting. Any one here done it or have any ideas on what, from where, how and the possible costs ?

Secondly. Whether I go for a glass one or not I will have to remove the Metal Sunroof on mine sometime over the next few Months to sort out some corrosion that is " blebbing " through. Never done this before. Anyone know how to remove and refit ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 29-10-11
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Member car:

Just picked up a " new " Sunroof from Spalding, quite a complicated structure underneath, will have to think about how to protect it underneath as the next step.

Saw pics of his ex Alfetta and it was very nice, spent a lot more than I did. ( Leather Headlining amongst other things, don't want to think about the cost of that alone ! ) The Glass Sunroof that he had fitted at S & S Coachworks in Boston looked the Dogs B's, mmmmmmmm.
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 02-11-11
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

159 TI & 1982 GTV6

HI Nige,

Have you managed to get your sunroof out yet? Are you sure its the right weather to be doing that!!!

Its quite easy to get out actully. Just remove the handle surround, then pull back the sunroof headling. Then there are 4 brackets/runners. remove these and side the panel forward and out see pops!

Peter
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 02-11-11
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Member car:

Originally Posted by 156 and GTV6 View Post
HI Nige,

Have you managed to get your sunroof out yet? Are you sure its the right weather to be doing that!!!

Its quite easy to get out actully. Just remove the handle surround, then pull back the sunroof headling. Then there are 4 brackets/runners. remove these and side the panel forward and out see pops!

Peter

Hi Peter, was wondering where you'd got to !

No, I'm not doing it this year, will wait for better and more reliable weather next Spring.

So, I don't have to remove the " Main " Headliner, just the Sunroof one ?

How is yours going ?
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 02-11-11
AO Member

Member car:

159 TI & 1982 GTV6

Yeah I am around, not helped that I'd forgotten the exact way I typed my username on here!! My GTV6 is ok, bit tatty really but it works! I might have some restoration to some bodywork done next year but I'll see how things are then.

With regards the headlining, the actual sunroof panel is 100% separarate from the rest of the roof. So yes no need to take the lot down. Mind you lowering the headlinging is not as bad as people say it is, providing you leave the screen inplace to hold the headlining in at one end its quite simple.

Peter

#6 (Post Link)  
Old 02-11-11
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Member car:

Yeah I am around, not helped that I'd forgotten the exact way I typed my username on here!! My GTV6 is ok, bit tatty really but it works! I might have some restoration to some bodywork done next year but I'll see how things are then.

With regards the headlining, the actual sunroof panel is 100% separarate from the rest of the roof. So yes no need to take the lot down. Mind you lowering the headlinging is not as bad as people say it is, providing you leave the screen inplace to hold the headlining in at one end its quite simple.

Peter

The Password puzzle, been there..........

Glad to hear that the '6 is still going well, just taxed and insured mine again so it will be on the road during the Winter as long as the roads are fairly dry and there is no salt on them.

Pleased to hear that the main Headliner doesn't have to come down. I know it's not as bad as it sounds as I had it pulled back to do the Sunroof Drains and fit a new Aerial but have to say that it's not a job I relish, I'm better with big 'ammers really..........

For the " new " sunroof I'll probably give it to the bodywork guy to really get it good underneath and then spray it ready for fitting, snag is I think I've run out of paint so the colour matching could be interesting.

Did you have any problems getting a watertight seal when you had yours out ?

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - TBA.
Look Here ! - TBA

email: nige005@alfaowner.co.uk

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 02-11-11
AO Member

Member car:

159 TI & 1982 GTV6

Originally Posted by Nige005 View Post
The Password puzzle, been there..........

Glad to hear that the '6 is still going well, just taxed and insured mine again so it will be on the road during the Winter as long as the roads are fairly dry and there is no salt on them.

Pleased to hear that the main Headliner doesn't have to come down. I know it's not as bad as it sounds as I had it pulled back to do the Sunroof Drains and fit a new Aerial but have to say that it's not a job I relish, I'm better with big 'ammers really..........

For the " new " sunroof I'll probably give it to the bodywork guy to really get it good underneath and then spray it ready for fitting, snag is I think I've run out of paint so the colour matching could be interesting.

Did you have any problems getting a watertight seal when you had yours out ?
Nah no problems with the seal, bear in mind those that the the sunrood isn't watertight anyway, which is why it has drain holes. The think to worry about is the windnoise!
Once the brackets and runners where back on it went back and fitted perfectly as before, with next to no windnoise. Water still went in the drainholes though but I hav fixed them!
  #8 (Post Link)  
Old 02-11-11
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Member car:

Nah no problems with the seal, bear in mind those that the the sunrood isn't watertight anyway, which is why it has drain holes. The think to worry about is the windnoise!
Once the brackets and runners where back on it went back and fitted perfectly as before, with next to no windnoise. Water still went in the drainholes though but I hav fixed them!
Thanks Peter, very reassuring. It's obvious it won't leak when you think about it, snag is getting my brain going !

The " new " roof came without any fittings as they had been sold separately some time before, I hope that there isn't any little Alfa " differences " between the two roofs which will bite me on the 'arris come the day....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > The Classic Alfa Romeos

Tags
gtv6, questions, sunroof

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
Alfa-CF2-V6-Plenum-C...
Alfa-CF3-V6-Plenum-C...
Kleber Quadraxer...
Alfa Romeo 156...
2009 Alfa Romeo...

Alfa Romeo

Recent Image

Ao Killarney Meet...

View David P's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
Clicking on a members username within a forum post displays extra options.

New To Site? Need Help?