Old Alfa Wiring Diagrams - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > The Classic Alfa Romeos

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 23-03-04
AO Member

Member car:

Golf VR6 Highline

Re: Old Alfa Wiring Diagrams

That site is pretty good to be fair....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 23-03-04
AO Member

Member car:

Golf VR6 Highline

i see youve already registered Jamie, defecting eh?
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 23-03-04
AO Member

Member car:

Golf VR6 Highline

Originally Posted by Jamie and the magic torch
If I ever have a really technical question I normally post it there & get a concise answer (whereas AO usually comes up with some **** taking).
Funny, but true....

they seem to know their sh*t i'll give them that, that thread you started about crashed alfa's, the pictures on their are purs filth, especially that GTA at he bottom of the first page
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 23-03-04
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Originally Posted by AlfaBoxer145
That site is pretty good to be fair....
There is a lot of knowledge over there if you have a classic alfa. If you have a modern Alfa (let's say 1993+) you have hardly anything to do over there. There is a lounge for new production Alfas but that has only 3 threads so far this year:
one about a 2001 spider (nobody answered), one about a 1989 spider (not really a new production alfa, is it?) and one about a 156 selespeed
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 23-03-04
AO Member

Member car:

Golf VR6 Highline

dont worry, its not as good as this one silly....
  #6 (Post Link)  
Old 23-03-04
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

1750GTV 2000GTV Giulietta

Thanks for that Jamie, I now have a colour wiring diagram for the 1750.
I have also joined up on the BB, it looks a usefull site for us oldies..
First thread I open has a load of good pics of a White 1750 GTV..
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 26-03-04
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

'72GT, '69 Berlina, V6,V8

Thanks, yet another wiring diagram to add to the list. Its always a case of look at the three possible layouts quoted in the manual & try and arrive at a consensus. Now I have 4 layouts to check out.
  #8 (Post Link)  
Old 26-03-04
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Originally Posted by harryf
Thanks, yet another wiring diagram to add to the list. Its always a case of look at the three possible layouts quoted in the manual & try and arrive at a consensus. Now I have 4 layouts to check out.
and I bet none of them are right.....
  #9 (Post Link)  
Old 27-03-04
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

'72GT, '69 Berlina, V6,V8

Yep, you're right. Check all 4, try & get some sort of consensus, then take your best guess & you might be lucky
  #10 (Post Link)  
Old 04-04-04
AO Member

Member car:

White GTVs Unite!

I've done up a couple of Giulia Super diagrams as well and revised all the diagrams on the AlfaBB that they don't have yet. PM me if interested.

It was not out of the ordinary for Alfa to build a 105 with whatever part was at hand despite what the parts books say it should have. This could also hold true for the cars wiring. Or a running production mod changed a wire color here or added a switch there for a specific market car for which a revised diagram was not produced or made available. So while some diagrams may not be exactly right for the car, there's also the possibility that the car is not exactly right for the diagram.

Jim
68 Mk1 Italian delivery
71 Mk2 US delivery
89 Spider Veloce
  #11 (Post Link)  
Old 04-04-04
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Welcome to the dark side Papajam. When I first found this forum, I was looking for a wiring diagram. Of course, nobody here had one. But for some unknown reason I stuck around anyway.

I've often wanted to thank you for posting your diagrams. Even though they came after the worst of the restoration was completed, your schematic has been helpful. I just wish it was around two or three years earlier.

I don't have the time or energy to actively participate in two forums, so I have never registered on the American board, but I have directed many Canucks and Yankees to the site. I'm telling you this because I know there is much discussion about the number of visitors vs. the number of members on the BB, so I thought maybe you would pass my thoughts along to your friends over there. I figure it is better to be a casual visitor than a non-participating member, but a good argument could probably sway my decision.

I'm sure you'll be a valuable member and frequent poster in the Classics lounge, but please feel free to jump into the nonsense posted in the non-technical lounges. It becomes addictive, and it's the reason why so many of us keep coming back here.
--Toronto
  #12 (Post Link)  
Old 04-04-04
AO Member

Member car:

White GTVs Unite!

Thanks for the Dark Side welcome, Toronto! Figured it was time to register after lurking for a while. I'll tell ya one thing, Jaime's right. Compared to us Yanks, you guys are a hoot!
Besides, it was time for some fresh victim.......err......to expand my horizons.
  #13 (Post Link)  
Old 04-04-04
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Glad to have you here.

I've often said that if I'm looking for real, helpful information, I'll head over to your homebase, but if I'm looking for entertainment and merriment I'm much better off here. And since my car is done (or as done as it's going to get for now), I have less of a need for information and more of a desire to have my funnybone tickled.

We've got a couple of Americans who post here on a semi-regular basis, but I get the impression that you've got a slightly thicker skin than they do. Trust me if you want to join in the party you're going to need it. We haven't had an anti-American thread here in a couple of weeks, so it's high time that another crop up. Maybe I'll drop somebody a memo, sit back and watch the fun get started.
--Toronto
  #14 (Post Link)  
Old 04-04-04
AO Member

Member car:

White GTVs Unite!

I like fireworks!
  #15 (Post Link)  
Old 04-04-04
AO Silver Member

County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Fireworks over Baghdad ?

J/K welcome aboard Papajam

Cheers
Hoygaard
  #16 (Post Link)  
Old 04-04-04
AO Silver Member

Member car:

See it's started allready......
  #17 (Post Link)  
Old 02-04-05

Member car:

1987 Alfa Romeo Graduate

i need a wiring/schematic diagram for an "out of tank" fuel pump for a 1987 Spider/Graduate.
  #18 (Post Link)  
Old 02-04-05
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Bit desperate are you Gamebowser?

For starters, the classics lounge is one of the quietest on the board, but most of us who come down here pay attention to all of the new posts, so relax. Nobody is going to ignore you.

Secondly there isn't a wealth of diagrams in the AO collective archives. Papajam (who has posted on this thread) usually hangs his hat on AlfaBB -- the site mentioned in the first post on this thread, and he's the one who created most of the diagrams that everybody on the Internet uses. It might be worth sending him a PM to see if he has something in his files which could help you.

I guess what I'm saying is the BB is the place to go if you really need some old diagrams. If they aren't already posted there, often the BB folks can supply diagrams on request, if you ask them nicely. While I hate to drive traffic away from AO (which happens to be my online home), I do suggest you go and register on the BB. The added benefits to getting to know the BB are that most of the posters are based in the States (whereas AOers are mainly British and European) and as such, they can direct you to local parts sources. Also, the focus of the BB is older Alfas. Here it is newer production cars.

I see you also made a request (on another thread) of Jamie about diagrams he may have. Sadly Jamie is no longer a member here, but if you're looking for him, you can try the forum on Jim's Spider Page. He's a moderator over there. If you register on that board, please tell him who sent you in that direction.

Now if you care to share exactly what you are trying to accomplish with your fuel pump, the odds are pretty good that you'll get a solid answer from the crew here. There are some pretty knowledgeable and trustworthy folks here. Sadly I'm not one of them. My expertise (if you want to call it that ) is limited to precisely one Alfa Romeo -- mine -- and I have no desire to extrapolating situations from my car to any other car. The odds are pretty high that I'd get things badly wrong.
--Toronto
  #19 (Post Link)  
Old 02-04-05
AO Member

Member car:

White GTVs Unite!

For those interested, a response to this post can be found here.

Originally Posted by Toronto Spider
For starters, the classics lounge is one of the quietest on the board,
Yeah, two posts in two weeks! And both on the same day. Must be because the classics either don't need service or don't break.

#20 (Post Link)  
Old 02-04-05

Member car:

92 Spider/71 Spider TS!!

Hey Jim!
I think its because these wankas (Huh, censored when spelled correctly) just don't know what a REAL Alfa is! Real Alfisti don't let the front wheels do the driving.

( They won't let me start any trouble on the AlfaBB so maybe I'll get my flame fix here)

Originally Posted by papajam

Yeah, two posts in two weeks! And both on the same day. Must be because the classics either don't need service or don't break.

#21 (Post Link)  
Old 02-04-05
AO Member

Member car:

White GTVs Unite!

Prepare thy Nomex!!!
  #22 (Post Link)  
Old 02-04-05
wrinx

Originally Posted by Paradiso
Hey Jim!
I think its because these wankas (Huh, censored when spelled correctly) just don't know what a REAL Alfa is! Real Alfisti don't let the front wheels do the driving.

( They won't let me start any trouble on the AlfaBB so maybe I'll get my flame fix here)

wrinx
  #23 (Post Link)  
Old 03-04-05
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Originally Posted by papajam

Or more likely they're all still in storage for the winter, and any breaking down they're doing will be in the category of "spring surprises" for the owners.

(And I think our newbie made four or five posts, not two. )
--Toronto (praying that nothing new has developed over the winter hibernation)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > The Classic Alfa Romeos

Tags
alfa, diagrams, wiring

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
alfa romeo 147 1.6...
2003 alfa romeo 147...
Alfa Romeo.147 1.6...
2004 ALFA ROMEO 147...
53 plate alfa romeo...

Alfa Romeo

Recent Image

Alfa 159

View paul.o's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
We take privacy seriously, this is why we advise you to check your privacy settings by visiting your profile area and selecting "Profile Privacy".

New To Site? Need Help?