Oh btw sorry for hijacking the bulb thread lol!!!
Thanks for that, I think I missed those pics from when you took them once before. My wheel arches are a bit of a mess, all full of waxoyl and seal, I don't remember seeing a drain pipe. I have taken the A pillar trim off before and repaired it as it was rather tatty. I am thinking of making up a new piece of trim (as its warped) for this using wood, some sponge and some black vinyl i got off the internet. I know you never removed the roof liner (I think I have some rust under mine), so how did you connect the old pipe at the top of the A pillar to the new pipe? A little metal tube and some small jubillee clips? I might work on this later this weekend as its awlfal if we have a sudden downpoor!
It's almost certain that your Drain Tubes will " terminate " inside the Front Wings, mine did. I DID
have to pull back the Roof Lining, which of course meant that the Windscreen had to come out. This was no problem as it was out for the repair to the Scuttles anyway. It was remarkable easy to remove and refit, went much better than I expected. If you do take the Windscreen out use some Windscreen Sealant when refitting. Originally this wasn't used but I found that I had a leak when I was out in heavy rain so I run some Sealant around under the Seal and touch wood......... A messy job, went through Reams of wipes to clean off the excess.
Probably much easier if you use the Sealant on the refit rather than afterwards, wish I had.
The pipe I used was a little smaller than the original and was a struggle to fit over the Drain Pipe but I still used Jubilee Clips to secure it. The old tubes were used as a pull through for the new ones, it wasn't an easy job and perseverance and lots of bad language was required !
Whilst I had the roof lining pulled back I also fitted a new Aerial as the old one was really showing it's age. This ten minute job took two hours !
Naturally enough the lead from this was too short and finished in the middle of the " A " Pillar, where of course it was impossible to use a ready made up extension lead as it was too bulky to allow the Trim to be refitted. Was a Soldering Iron job but it would have been better, if possible, to source an Aerial with a longer Lead in the first place.
I'll be interested in how you get on with the Trim. Mine are in pretty good condition but I was frightened to use the Self Tappers to refit them, didn't want to risk going through the new tubes so I glued them, tbh not very satisfactory at all and I have to revisit these and try again. Thoughts have ranged from very short Self Tappers that JUST
go through the Trim and the Pillar to using Plastic Trim Screws or Plastic Panel Rivets, I'm still mulling this over. If you come up with a solution don't keep it to yourself !