Alfetta GTV6 Sunroof. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > The Classic Alfa Romeos

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 27-12-09
Regional Representative
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Member car:

Alfetta GTV6 & CelicaVVTi

Alfetta GTV6 Sunroof.

The sunroof on my '6 doesn't seem to sit quite right and I'm thinking that this may be adjustable. Anyone know 'owt about this ?

I also have a rainwater leak and strongly suspect that the sunroof may be to blame although I have yet to confirm this. I suppose the logical first step would be to fit new seals but does any one know where these can be bought ?

Any other advice most gratefully received !

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 27-12-09
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

159 TI & 1982 GTV6

Originally Posted by Nige005 View Post
The sunroof on my '6 doesn't seem to sit quite right and I'm thinking that this may be adjustable. Anyone know 'owt about this ?

I also have a rainwater leak and strongly suspect that the sunroof may be to blame although I have yet to confirm this. I suppose the logical first step would be to fit new seals but does any one know where these can be bought ?

Any other advice most gratefully received !

Thanks.
Not sure about the adjustment... but the sunroof leaks here too... but as discussed the other day I have a garage (even if it has a hole in it, good old Gravesham Council). 99% sure blocked drain channels, mine are bloked but I am not fiddling with that yet!
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 28-12-09
Regional Representative
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Member car:

Originally Posted by 156 and GTV6 View Post
Not sure about the adjustment... but the sunroof leaks here too... but as discussed the other day I have a garage (even if it has a hole in it, good old Gravesham Council). 99% sure blocked drain channels, mine are bloked but I am not fiddling with that yet!
My first step is to put a High Pressure Airline into the drains and see what happens, If they are blocked this should clear them. If there is a leak in them hopefully the air will give me an indication where the problem is. ( As the plastic trim on the inside of the " A " Post makes a rapid break for freedom ! )

Was going to do this before Christmas but the freezing weather put a stop to this as I figured that if there is frozen water blocking the pipes the air wouldn't work.

Next week it is then, if we stay above freezing for more than an hour or two !!!!!!!

Are you going to join in the Alfetta Register Thread I started Peter ?? Go on, you know you want to !

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - Jenny Wren Classic Car Night - 13 May.
Look Here ! http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/linco...-wren-5-a.html

email: nige005@alfaowner.co.uk

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 28-12-09
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

159 TI & 1982 GTV6

Originally Posted by Nige005 View Post
My first step is to put a High Pressure Airline into the drains and see what happens, If they are blocked this should clear them. If there is a leak in them hopefully the air will give me an indication where the problem is. ( As the plastic trim on the inside of the " A " Post makes a rapid break for freedom ! )

Was going to do this before Christmas but the freezing weather put a stop to this as I figured that if there is frozen water blocking the pipes the air wouldn't work.

Next week it is then, if we stay above freezing for more than an hour or two !!!!!!!

Are you going to join in the Alfetta Register Thread I started Peter ?? Go on, you know you want to !
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't put that high pressure line down there, you will just push the pipe off of the sunroof connection. The only way to re-attach it then is to remove the headlining and re-attach. The headlining is fixed in everywhere and held in by the windscreen!

Have you tried hot water in the pipe area and with some tweezers picking the **** out? Thats my next attempt!
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 29-12-09
Regional Representative
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Member car:

Originally Posted by 156 and GTV6 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't put that high pressure line down there, you will just push the pipe off of the sunroof connection. The only way to re-attach it then is to remove the headlining and re-attach. The headlining is fixed in everywhere and held in by the windscreen!

Have you tried hot water in the pipe area and with some tweezers picking the **** out? Thats my next attempt!
Mmm, you are making me think now Peter.

It's not a matter that I think that the drain pipes are just iced up, I think that they are blocked. Weeks ago I poured water into the sunroof and it seemed to me that the water wasn't running away, even with some encouragement from me. Tried a thin piece of stiffish wire but not surprisingly I didn't get too far with this.

Any ideas ?

P.S. Get signed up here !!!!!

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/the-c...-register.html (Alfetta GTV Register.)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > The Classic Alfa Romeos

Tags
alfetta, gtv6, sunroof

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
2010 (60 Reg) Alfa...
New mot & tax alfa...
2007 alfa romeo...
2009 model 58 ALFA...
2009'59 alfa romeo...

Alfa Romeo

Recent Image

Alfa 147 Gta 2014...

View Sam_clmnt's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
Clicking the small triangle on the right hand side of every post will take you to the top of the page.
Very handy as you can instantly reach the site navigation bar!

New To Site? Need Help?