- Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Calendar:
 
01-01-70
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: GTA at last!
Regional Support South
Is there a meet near you?
 
JonSpiderMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,870
Images: 12
Err.. scott aren't you supposed to RSVP yourself mate


ETA Stickied
JonSpiderMan is offline  
Status: waiting to buy a weekend car
AO Silver Member
 
Seasider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,130
Images: 3

Member car:

Various VAG

Erm, Scott the Diner will be a right pain to get in and out of, even with the rubbish 50mph average speed cameras

I'd most probably suggest using Sainsburys at the A132 junction

not too sure if I'll come along to this ... if I do I might meet you guys on route as I'm normally in Eastwood visting my parents on a Sunday

Oh don't forget you'll have to pay to park on the Front
Seasider is offline  
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
Erm, Scott the Diner will be a right pain to get in and out of, even with the rubbish 50mph average speed cameras

I'd most probably suggest using Sainsburys at the A132 junction

not too sure if I'll come along to this ... if I do I might meet you guys on route as I'm normally in Eastwood visting my parents on a Sunday

Oh don't forget you'll have to pay to park on the Front
Hey Ian,

Good thinking about the A127, it would be a pain.

What about the halfway house not far from the M25, its a slip road onto the 127 so should be fine.
 
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSpiderMan View Post
Err.. scott aren't you supposed to RSVP yourself mate


ETA Stickied
I was waiting for it to be confirmed by admin
 
Status: sunburn!
AO Member
 
freddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 282
Images: 24

Member car:

alfa spider

just seen this meet ,shame cant made it taking the camper van to scotland , sure i will make it to a meet one day ,i know baileys fish shop is v nice
freddie is offline  
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
That's a bummer Freddie!!

Maybe the month after
 
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Good to have you along Jaydh

Just got to make sure its nice weather so you can have the roof down
 
Status: Car sold
AO Silver Member
 
jaydh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,411
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
Good to have you along Jaydh

Just got to make sure its nice weather so you can have the roof down
im keeping everything crossed
jaydh is offline  
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydh View Post
im keeping everything crossed
Well i'll be heading off to Southend tonight after the Essex meet tonight to check the parking
 
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Event Details Changed

I have desided to move the meet point to The Halfway House, just of the A127 near Brentwood, its only a few ticks away from the M25 and just outside of London so its easier to find
 
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Mr Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
Event Details Changed

I have desided to move the meet point to The Halfway House, just of the A127 near Brentwood, its only a few ticks away from the M25 and just outside of London so its easier to find
Thats good for me.
Mr Dog is offline  
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Dog View Post
Thats good for me.
Plus it'll be easier to join the A127 so we don't get split up
 
Status: waiting to buy a weekend car
AO Silver Member
 
Seasider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,130
Images: 3

Member car:

Various VAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
Plus it'll be easier to join the A127 so we don't get split up
that'll just happen with all the traffic lights and roundabouts into town

most probs worth doing a route for getting from the meet down to 'the fwunt' for people Scott
Seasider is offline  
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
that'll just happen with all the traffic lights and roundabouts into town

most probs worth doing a route for getting from the meet down to 'the fwunt' for people Scott
Already been working on that fella, that's one of the things I'm testing tonight after the Essex meet

But tbh what ever way I choose we will still get stuck at lights
 
Status: waiting to buy a weekend car
AO Silver Member
 
Seasider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,130
Images: 3

Member car:

Various VAG

Oh had a brainwave the other day and thought about piccie locations ... either the car park/spaces along by the Thorpe Bay Yacht club ... or going Leigh direction there's a good car park or 2 on 2 tree island

I know ... trust me used to be chaos trying to get 8 minis down the front in 1 go from the Rayleigh Wier !
Seasider is offline  
Status: waiting to buy a weekend car
AO Silver Member
 
Seasider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,130
Images: 3

Member car:

Various VAG

if you want to do a recce Scott could do one this Sunday ? I'll be down at my parents in Eastwood as usual and we could do a quick run in and check how busy the front is on a sunday night and also where to park for photos ?
Seasider is offline  
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
if you want to do a recce Scott could do one this Sunday ? I'll be down at my parents in Eastwood as usual and we could do a quick run in and check how busy the front is on a sunday night and also where to park for photos ?
Sadly im on a run in Surrey then in Heartfordshire all day Sunday, cheers for the offer though mate.

PS - I just sent you a PM fella
 
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I think this might be our best bet for parking all together and to get some good pictures.

We can park either side I believe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tbyc_aeriala.jpg (55.7 KB, 12 views)
 
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Well I just got back, the route is great fun tbh

But with the parking, the parking at the 'Thorpe Bay Yacht Club' should be ok on the day, the only problem is that its a tad of a walk to the chippie!!!

We can park near the Casino if its not to busy.

So I leave it to a vote guys

Thorpe Bay Yacht Club
or
Casino
 
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Also one more thing, not sure if it'll be a problem on the day though but had loads of chavvs in their ****ty cars turn up.

So just letting you people know, shouldnt be a problem though
 
Status: Car sold
AO Silver Member
 
jaydh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,411
Images: 5
Can we pop into the yacht club for pics and then drive to the casino? Or do you have to pay at the club car park on entry?
jaydh is offline  
Smallville
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydh View Post
Can we pop into the yacht club for pics and then drive to the casino? Or do you have to pay at the club car park on entry?
I never been to the yacht club before but we can stop there for pictures, then move onto parking at the casino. I think we'll have to pay for 2 lots of parking though
 
Status: Mito is for sale...
Club Member
 
OperationAlfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22,922
Garage
if you want to do a S-o-S meet why not just meet at the usual essex monthly meet location and go from there.
OperationAlfa is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
HackneyRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 211
Images: 13

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

I'll go with the majority on parking.
I just wanted to check there's an obvious landmark (apart from the Alfa's parked up) at this Halfway House. On googlemaps it looks like the main road in the middle of nowwhere.

Plus, my first Alfa meet, can't wait.
HackneyRed is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South East

Tags
baileys , cancelled , chips , fish , southendonsea

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome