Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Purchased a week ago and the aircon has blown. Help.

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  samlcampbell 
#1 ·
Hi my mates call me chioco and I'm new to owning an Alfa and unfortunately it's not a good start.

I have a 53Reg 147 2.0TS with 34k and a FSH. I've only had it a week and the aircon compressor blew, Anyone else had such luck with the aircon, Had the compressor changed under a warranty I bought but the aircon is still not working even after the aircon filter being relaced. Anyone got any ideas as the garage I took it too said run it for the week to see if it sorts it self as they think it might be a blockage as they have flushed the system 3 times. Would have left the car with the garage but A. I need the car this weekend & B. I get the impression they are giving me a bit of Bull as I do not think they know what they are talking about. Anyone got any ideas ???? As it is starting to cost me cash now. Surely all the rumors about Alfa reliability can't be true !!!!

#4 ·
If it's a warranty job, whilst it is intersting to know why it doesn't work, the onus is on them to fix it - no excuses are acceptable.

Air con systems are not organic - they will not "heal" if you leave them for a week. To suggest you do this is nothing less than insulting.

Solution - take it back say "It does not work - fix it" and don't accept ANYTHING less than an immediate cure.

Paul.

#5 ·
Is your 147 not covered by the 3rd year dealer warranty? Costs about £20 to get transferred to your name and so long as service history is OK the AC compressor is covered. Sadly for me the pipes seem not to be covered, but I am still waiting for a response from Alfa to my complaint that genuine alfa pipes should not burst after 2.5years and 24k miles.

#7 ·
I having a bit of a ding dong with them at the mo. As they are saying that this work will not be covered by the warranty as only the faulty part is. I'm going to phone the warranty people tomorrow to check as it is a 3rd party warranty with AXA insurance. I have little faith with the garage.

#8 ·
I had a very similar problem with mine. The pipes between the compressor and the system were rubbing on the radiator. This caused the pipe to split and the system to degass. I convinced the warrenty company to pay, only for them to refuse becaused I had missed a service by 1300 miles.

Kind of a moral victory, let down by me:rolleyes:

Paul

#13 ·
Mine is 1.6 . Just booked in for Thursday- hope I get some hot weather to try it out. My main contact was with the 3rd year warranty people. They arranged to put my case to Alfa. Alfa also spoke to the dealer who service the car so in this case it has been important to use an alfa dealer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.