Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Brera 2.4 Injection system failure :(

Tags
injection
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Redmatt75 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Driving to work this morning and my injection system failure warning light come on.
This resulted in loss of power and now i'm very worried.
I plan to take it in to Alfa tomorrow morning but i just wondered if anyone on here could shed any light on what it might be? and more importantly how much it will cost me to fix it.
Any help would be hugely appreciated

Cheers

Daryl

#3 ·
As CJ says, the loss of power was probably the 'safe mode' kicking in to protect the engine, rather than a direct symptom of what's happened, so don't panic yet. Until the fault code is read off the ECU there is no way to tell what the issue is.

(still, I'm betting DPF :D )

#4 ·
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help following on from the above.
I took the car in, guy said dpf was blocked so he performed a regen.
He said it would be best to remove the DPF altogether though.
Light was off when i picked it up and fine again.
3 days later though and the light comes back on and back in safe mode.
Called the mechanic and he said bring it in Friday and he will perform another regen.
Thing is the light has now gone off and driving fine.
All seems a bit strange to me and not too sure what to do now.
Do i still take it in 2mora even though there is no light?
Or shall i take it for a blast down the motorway 2nite?

#5 ·
I think I would make sure there is at least half a tank of good fuel, not super market fuel in it and give it a good run on the motor way, look out for signs of a regen, slight change in the exhaust note and the turbo gauge dropping very suddenly when you lift off. if it does start a regen just drop it down into 5th to keep the revs up and let it complete the regen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.