Alfa Romeo Forum banner

ht leads

Tags
leads
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ralf S. 
G
#1 ·
does anyone know if halfords do ht leads for a 33 perm4 if so what is the cost?

Im asking because my 33 is not performing as well as it should.
it used to pull like a train and fly up the revs. but now it seems to be lacking in power.
i have had the dizzy cap off and it looks like new. the rotor arm is perfect too. my ht leads look a bit of a mess so i'd like to change them. but is there anything else that could be causing my lack of power?

what is the easiest way to get the spark plugs out of the 16v? do i take the wheels off or come at it from the under side? are there plugs for the 16v that work beter than other ones? what do you lot use?

any help would be most welcome.

cheers

Dale.
btw i'm new to the forum even though i've had my alfa 6 months.

#4 ·
I've found that the H.T. leads I make up using suppressed NGK caps and copper cored leads work very well. The silicon leads work well for a time but the graphite impregnated centres appear to break down causing too much resistance. Some people bad-mouth Golden Lodge but I've found them to work really well.

#5 ·
Yes - I've used the Lodge plugs and not noticed any problems. I've also used Bosch 4-electrode plugs and they were fine, and also the NGK equivalent. The P4 doesn't seem too fussy.

As for changing them...!! Use the original toolkit spanner as it's just the right length. Otherwise I found that your extension socket is either too short or too long to fit in between chassis rail and cylinder head.

You have no chance at the "Big H" for leads.

Also check your air filter and the oil breather pipes on the crankcase. Any blockage in there is going to make your boy a bit asthmatic.

Ralf S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.