Alfa Romeo Forum banner

smile from ear to ear

Tags
ear smile
2K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  sudaddict 
#1 ·
Had a sports system fitted to my sprint today, ansa crossover headers, resi in the middle, straight through muffler on the back and a 2inch mandrel bent pipework.
what can i say :D
Just took it up through the hills near my place and what a glorious sound, and the way it just wants to keep pulling is unbeleivable, not to mention the lovely crackle on downshift :D
just thought i'd share :)

G
#3 ·
that sounds nice, if we could hear it that would sound even better :lol:

come on, get a vid uploaded to youtube :D

not jealous at all that it's too cold & wet here to take my sud out :rant: not that i could at the moment though :lol:

#6 ·
thanks for the coments guys, def not too cold and wet here, been 39 for the last few days and 40 tomorrow i think, so i waited till this evening when it was slightly cooler. Headers were sourced from a local alfa mech who knows suds inside and out, he's supercharged them and done all sorts of wonderful things, he imported them years ago i beleive and ran them on his wifes car (i think) for whatever reason he took them off and had them sitting in his workshop for a while, we made a deal and they became mine. As for a vid/sound, i'll see what i can do, pic no probs, sound might be or should i say decent sound anyway

#16 ·
I will be the president, under my rule you will all have to have fast cars by law so you can drive on my fast roads and race tracks, there will no OAP's, no school runs, no shopping trips or anything other that will cause us not to have fun, also when we are sick there will be 3 naked fillys to serve each man and one really fat bloke for each sick woman(have to make the rest of us look good) oh and no road tax and petrol will be 10p a liter. Please let me have any more ideas so I can make them law.

#18 ·
:cheese::cheese::cheese: I like the way you think !
If I vote for you, can you ban drivers that need a car just to go from point A to point B from the streets ? That punch line really gets on my nerves ....

After today chatting to Chris on the phone... I'm definatly making the trip to Cyprus one day, if only to go look around the workshop and admire all the good work being done to keep these old boxers.
You are more than welcome to come and visit Rodger :thumbs: However I dont know if you will find what you are looking for ! No workshops here mate, just little old us messing about in our parking places and sheds ;) Nothing fancy or sophisticated :rolleyes:

#23 ·
no shopping trips
I vote for this. Everytime my girlfiriend says "lets go for a drive" it means, get the car out the garage, 2 mins down the road "lets go to the shopping mall!"

:cry::cry::cry:

Last time she went on her own, another person asked to buy the car while in the parking lot!! Many times we've had offers.

One day I'll come home with an empty garage, and she will have some news for me!!:tut::tut:

#28 ·
yup no worries
first up i got a crank from an earlier 1.5 that had crossed drilled oil gallaries in it, it was ground and balanced.
then i had the block sonic tested and then bored out to fit 1.7 pistons (the sonic testing enables them to center the boring in the casting) i also shaved the block by .5mm to up the compression. I lightened the rods by removing all the excess castings along the length of the rods and also removed the square blocks on either ends, they were all then balanced. If anyone is interested i can dig up the info for the amount of material removed. i balanced the pistons to within .3 of a gram. The heads and inlet manifolds were match ported and all the dags removed and slightly enlarged. the exhaust ports had the same done. a couple of new valves were also installed to replace a couple of bent ones. then i had the exhaust fitted as per pics with the ansa headers. I'm waiting for it to be run in before i get it properly tuned and the carbys rejetted. All it really neads now is some nice cams but they are not cheap and hard to justify at this stage.
As for the car itself its fully stock at mo other than the fitment of a sway bar from a 1200 sud ti, i had the gearbox from the same car as well and was going to install that but decided cruising would be better with the standard one
future plans are some 15inch wheels, lowered suspension, a new paint job and interior retrim

#29 ·
Wow that's a lot of work on the engine :cool:. I bet that now it barks like a mad dog:D

That 1200 sud ti gearbox would be great for the mountains but, as you said, for cruising it is better to keep the standard one.

You have some nice plans for this Sprint:thumbs: I will surely be waiting for your updates mate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.