Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Spider Electric Roof problem

Tags
electric roof
9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Alfa-BR 
#1 ·
Hi folks

did a search last night to find any symtoms to my roof not working properly.
I've checked the fluid after removing the covers in the box behind the seats and its fine. On the max mark actually.

I started the car so i could power things and noticed the light flashes straight away next to the roof button on the centre console.

unsure as to what to look for now but, could it all be just a really or fuse etc and if so, does anyone know which to check?

thanks in advance :thumbs:

#2 ·
When you say not working properly, what exactly is it doing / not doing? Where in the cycle is it failing?

The light flashes as soon as you start the car all the time, but shouldd then go out.

Have you tried opening and closing the roof manually ?

#3 ·
Well yesterday, it slowly did its cycle til the rear part stopped half way down. switched engine off and it slowly dropped on it own then i restarted engine and pushed it down the last bit til i could use 1 of the buttons behing seat to clamp it down.

got in it this morning and nothing happened apart from the light flashing.

Surely i should just be able to lower and raise the roof off the centre console button only not have to use the buttons behind seat!!

#5 ·
As Cibo said, Try and reset the roof by opening and closing the roof manualy - Get someone to help you as you can end up twisting the frame.
I had a problem recently where the cables that open and close the rear cover had stretched so that the hood wouldn't close - There is adjustment on the cables on the release motor (in the rear storage compartment) and where the cables fasten to the body of the car under the roof cover.
Hope this helps?

#7 ·
You can use a plastic hammer lock lightly several time on the the near the motor which control the wire of the roof . ( inside the room behind the seat. ). because my spider also have this problem , and those menber of this forum suggest this method , And It's work on my car, Lucky! It sound strange but work every time open and close smoothly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.