Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Alfa 146 1.6 what pistons should i use ?

Tags
146 pistons
892 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NGT 
#1 ·
I would like to ask your opinion on what pistons should i put in my 1600 engine so i can have smaller compression ratio about (8,5:1) and xtra strenght ! Cuz i am going to place a turbo in my alfa romeo ! I have heard tha pistons from the fiat coupe 2.0 turbo match, i have also heard that some piston from a golf match, i have found aftermarket CPS pistons but they are xpensive as hell...
(I may ask you later what ECU management should i use for adjustin the fuel curves and avance)

#2 ·
I have absolutely no idea, I hope someone on here does though, and helps you out.
I just wanted to say, when you've done it, we'd all appreciate you posting to say how it went / how much work / how expensive / what difference it's made.
Good luck!

#3 ·
Well we have an Alfa Romeo 146 1400 97model (ECU very programmable, lucky) me and my father decided to go for a turbo, we bought a 1600 engine for 1000 euros the engine is great, its dirty though, we have popped the engines guts, and we are currently are on the search for parts info e.t.c The car on the other side had its last muffler rusted so we decided to change the exhaust from catalyst and after with a 58mm internal diameter and 2 free mufflers which give bass sound.
http://homepages.pathfinder.gr/ngt/alfa1.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.