well you asked! I have 2300 on the clock and here are the niggles: water in the rear light cluster, vibration on the gear stick, windscreen wipers on auto have a mind of their own, mirrors unpark in a different position every time, inside door handle trim fell off… and what is the mug holder about!
Having said that for pure driving pleasure and the most compliments I have ever had with a new car (wish I was 15 years younger) I wouldn’t swap it for any car I have had over the past 10 years. I guess from the comments on the forums this will not surprise many of you!
Well, I completely agree about the window wipers - my 2 year old could programme better. The net effect is that I'm due new blades tomorrow. Also...you ready?....
1. Juddering through the steering wheel on brakes at 60mph+,
2. Creaking suspension over sleeping policemen and other normal, everyday curbs,
3. Knocking rear over bumps,
4. Driver seat is squeaking like a good un!
5. Steering remote controls for stereo are already worn after a few uses,
6. Rattle from behind the glove box (although I suspect this has something to do with the retro fitted sat nav - pioneer),
7. The ASR button I guess is simply for decoration 'cos I can't seem to get the thing to come on!
8. Pioneer sat nav is my second in a month and keeps resetting itself sticking me into Paris (I wish when I'm on the A1 around Peterborough!). Can't blame AR for this though.
9. The autodimming rear view mirror is a joke - I'm blinded by the cars behind me at night cos the slightest bit of ambient light such as street lighting or oncoming traffic and it lights back up again burning my retinas. So I've stuck a piece of chewing gum in the sensor hole to trick it! Wish I could trick the auto intermittent wipers!
10. The heated seats on the passenger side went past number 3 so switched themselves off.
But, but, but....God does it look gorgeous and Boy does that 2.4 5 cylinder sounds sublime and how sweet is the handling (my BMW was better but less erm soulful - does that sound pretentious!?) and those dials are fantastic...blah blah blah.
To heap misery on top of all this I hit a pothole at around 30mph tonight and burst the passenger front tyre so had to wait 1 1/2 hours for an AA truck cos my locking wheel nuts were at home as the car's in the dealers tomorrow to sort items 1 to 10 above! Argh.
Is there anyone else out there I can point a finger at and laugh cos I think I'm the one taking it at the mo.