Need help coming back to Alfa!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

• 1 Post By kirkfletcher
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 31-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: UK
Need help coming back to Alfa!!

Hi All, Let me (re)introduce myself, My name is Kirk and I have have a broken heart! let me explain...

Quite a while back now I purchased an Alfa GT 1.9 JTD and my love affair with Alfa started, I put aside everything anyone told me about Alfas and went with my heart and purchased one, and never regretted it. I have a very decent knowledge about cars and mechanical repair so wasn't put off. I got my Alfa and after spending a *bit* of cash the car was a dream until one day on a trip up north someone decided that my rear end would make a great car parking space and destroyed my beloved Alfa.

From there I needed a car quickly and having found a BMW 320d that was in great condition I went ahead and purchased it, again, like I said I have quite a passion for cars so poured a lot of time and effort into making it the best possible 320d of its age on the road. However my heart still longs for an Alfa and am proposing that if anyone would like to trade a fantastic 320d SE for an Alfa 159 2.4 JTDm get in touch.

(Model BMW 320d E90 SE 2005)
Just to let you know how good a condition this BMW is in, this is the work carried out only 2 months ago:
* Entire undercarriage has been blasted, Fertan treated, and resealed.
* New brake discs, pads, handbrake shoes, handbrake cable, brake lines, and fluid.
* 4 Brand new alloys (18inch) and 4 brand new Cooper Zeon CS Sport (double A rated) tyres (Spent 1400)
* New egr thermostat and main thermostat
* New CCV
* Engine oil, transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, power steering fluid all flushed twice to make sure its clean (and i don trust BMWs "lifetime" oil)

This BMW is so well looked after it is probably in better condition than most that are only 2-3 years old, it runs like new and is smooth as silk.
It is also a rare 320d model (they only made this version for one year, before they got cheap with the build) that is highly sought-after as it has the rare m47 Engine, that means that it has the Mitsubishi Turbo not the crappy ones they started putting in after 2006, NO DPF as factory standard (that is a big selling point), and no issues with timing chain unlike later models.

As you can see I have put a lot of time, money and love into this car and even with 114000 on the clock, it will go on forever.

What am I after? ....

I am looking for someone that want to do a direct swap for an Alfa 159 2.4 JTDm (TI preferable), it has to be in very good condition as what I'm offering is a car that is in impeccable condition.
I will possibly consider 1.9 if it is in extremely good condition with a good spec (and remapped if poss)

EDIT: I am based in Eastbourne UK
SCGT likes this.

Last edited by kirkfletcher; 31-03-16 at 12:27. Reason: added location
Sponsored Links
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Northamptonshire
Hi and welcome :wave:
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
Hi there,

sorry to hear about your GT, good luck with finding another Alfa soon
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome to Alfaowner 🤗

Join Alfabook Today

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfa , back , coming