Hello from Poland - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

• 1 Post By epsonix
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Bielsko-Biala
Hello from Poland

I'm new on alfaowner.com, so popped in to say hello to Everybody.
Bit about myself and about my Alfas. I felt in love with Alfas in 2006 when I seen first time saw 159. In 2009 I bought my first Alfa 159, it was good spec silver berlina/saloon 1.9 JTDm 16V, which after some time I boosted to 190BHP/380Nm and happily driven for 6 years, of course except standard issues of this model like need of throwing away swirl flaps in intake manifold, closing EGR valve, replacing all bearings in M32 gearbox and one case when water pump fallen into pieces and broke timing belt.

Currently I have another 159, this time gray titanium SW (child is on the way), with 1.75TBi, again boosted to 240BHP/370Nm (maps require 98 octane fuel). I spent bit of time to further improve the car spec, as the 2nd hand car I found (imported from Italy - it was hard to buy spec/colour/engine/mileage of dreams) didn't have xenon headlamps/washing/levelling system, no front PDC, no Blue&me (stuff I get used to with previous 159) - all this I added myself over recent time (including adding new wires to create required electrical looms). Currently I'm improving sound system with quality speakers and soundproofing materials, and also looking forward for spring to fit 18" horseshoe alloys with summer tires I bought recently to make my car dream come through

I must confess that over the years I managed to 'infect' my wife and brother with great sympathy to Alfas. My wife currently drives Alfa Rosso Giulietta 1.4 TB Veloce (I would call it styling pack, as the small engine does not deserve the name), with engine boosted to 147BHP/265Nm at 98 octane fuel (my influence, sometimes I drive it), and my brother inherited my former 159. Everybody happy with their Alfas.

See you on the forum and maybe on streets.

PS. Today I wanted to post first time ever on alfaowner, and noticed the nick is occupied when I tried to setup my account. I didn't expected that, and then realized I created account in past, though I must admit I never logged in since, only from time to time searched through the forum for bit of information. Over last 6 years I've actively taken part in polish AR forum: alfaholicy.org (alfaholics), I have nearly 900 technical posts there, and a few where I linked alfaowner.com topics/solutions.
SCGT likes this.

Last edited by epsonix; 01-03-16 at 14:53.
Sponsored Links
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
County: Cork
Welcome back to AO & congrats on your first post
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome to Alfaowner 🤗

Join Alfabook Today

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself