Hello from Lancashire - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 17-02-16 Thread Starter
County: -
Hello from Lancashire

Hello all,

Just thought I'd drop an introductory post on here. After a long string of performance cars I currently drive a BMW 335d after moving on my 350bhp Impreza STI. After thinking the 335d would be the answer to all my prayers, and all things to all men, I recently bought a Renaultsport Clio 172. As good as the 335d is, it痴 not a car I could ever take on track; if only for the sheer amount I had invested in it.
Now I知 at a point where if I知 booking Oulton Park, I値l be going in the Clio. If I知 going out over the Yorkshire Dales on a drive with friends, I値l go in the Clio So the performance side of my 335d is now essentially moot. Leaving only the transport side (fantastic car) and the fuel economy (not great).
So, in an attempt to obtain a relatively sensible daily driver (to leave more money for track days and modifications for the Clio), I致e started to recall the stirring of lustful emotion when encountering a 159ti. Thus, I知 now seriously considering a 2.0JTDM 159ti. Fuel economy is a concern (50mpg achievable?) but the fact it should offer relatively hassle free motoring, with zero scope to improve on its appearance (I find it very hard to leave a car standard), a nice statement vehicle, and also a breath of fresh air compared to most other vehicles out there.

I値l be doing plenty of research but I壇 appreciate a heads-up for any useful threads on the 159 2.0 JTDM! I知 aware of the importance of the cambelt, and the potential DPF & DMF issues circa 80,000miles. The examples in my budget (approx 」8500) around the 55,000 mile mark. Is there a reason they are all similar mileages? Ex-Hertz rentals?

Perhaps I should have started a thread in a specific 159 subforum!
Sponsored Links
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Northamptonshire
Hi and welcome :wave:
County: Cork
Welcome to AO, hopefully you'll soon be an Alfa owner

And yes you'll get more advice & info if look or start a thread in the Tech Lounge Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome to Alfaowner 🤗

Join Alfabook Today

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself