Back into the fold - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

• 1 Post By Puntsdog
  • 1 Post By Punts
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 28-01-16 Thread Starter
County: -
Back into the fold

Hi everyone,

I'm only eight days away from picking up my new Mito QV TCT after a quiet two years in a Fiat 500 so thought I'd re-acquaint myself with the forum.
I've been an Alfa fan since I started to drive and came close to owning my first (a 146 Junior) way back in the mid 90s but the ex wife didn't want a red car! I've since had a red Alfa (delightful) and the ex is a long forgotten memory (delighted) so you can see where I place my allegiances!
My Alfa ownership started with a GTV Lusso in black with a red leather interior. That car was special. The carpets were so deep and the cabin in general so plush that it reminded a friend of a Victorian theatre. Or a bordello! After a couple of years blissful ownership it was time for something else so I hunted down a 156 2.5v6 in silver. I loved the car, the t was the first v6 I had driven and I liked the power and delivery. Sadly the new Mrs Puntsdog was not so keen on this one and it had to go after a year or two. Maybe it was the colour or the size but hey ho. There was nothing bad about this decision as we replaced the 156 with a black 147GTa. A gorgeous looking car, striking two tone interior and oh that engine. That was a supreme car and possibly up there as my favourite.
Anyway, that came and went and after a couple of years' hiatus I bought a new Mito Cloverleaf. The wife and I really loved this car and it did us proud. Great styling meant that it made up for inadequacies in certain areas and I held my head high, proud in the knowledge that I loved Alfa Romeo and most other people who I knew with an interest in cars would run a mile from the brand.
After the Mito came the Fiat 500s. It was a time of financial consolidation after a relocation and the car performed honourably. In fact it was the second 500 I had owned ( the first being a second car during the 147GTa ownership).
And then the time came. The Fiat was no longer quirky enough and lacked bite on the road. There was little presence and the amount of times I was bullied on the road despite my best defensive driving was frankly embarrassing. Time for something new, a return to the fold as it were...
I used to use this forum throughout my Alfa ownership and the folk were great. Typical forum folk to be certain, some argumentative, some placid but the masses were appreciative of the fact that somebody else loved Alfa Romeo too. Other interests and hobbies took me away from Alfaowner but now I'm pleased to be back again.
Bit of an epic intro there. Sorry to go on!
Dave Brink likes this.
Sponsored Links
County: Cork
Welcome back to AO & welcome back to Alfa ownership, good luck with your new Mito
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Northamptonshire
Hi and welcome :wave:
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
AO Member
County: N E Lincs

Member car:

Mito QV 170 TCT

Sorry, I've just found my old account and login details. Henceforth I shall be known as Punts (my original forum name).
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
☻/ღ˚ 。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛ 。* ♥ ˚ ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★
AO Member
County: N E Lincs

Member car:

Mito QV 170 TCT

Well I picked Otto up on Saturday and am absolutely over the moon. Really good looking car in black and the drive (coming from a Fiat 500) is a world apart.
I love the TCT too, it is a novel way to drive and one I will enjoy learning to exploit.
Only bad sides to it all were that is was raining heavily when I picked the car up so I couldn't savour the moment fully and that the roads were dominated by dawdles and inappropriate speeders considering the conditions. Never mind, I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat most of the day!
Dave Brink likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

back , fold