Looking to return to the Alfa Romeo family - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 15-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: England
Looking to return to the Alfa Romeo family

Hi all,

First of all let's get the name; Darranna out of the way, it's a mash between mine Darren and the Wife's Joanna.

Next year I will be 50, I work for a large high street bank (booo hisss) and my cars are toys. I also have a company car, for during the week. I am incredibly fickle and being a Virgo I am unbelievably fussy and consequently change my cars frequently, the average is about every 3 months.

Joanna (Jo) has a Fiat 500L (currently ) this year alone she has had 3 Cars! And I have had 2008 Volvo C70, Smart Brabus Roadster, Astra 1.8 Convertible and a Mini Cooper S.

I have even set up my own web pages to keep track of my cars (and previously bikes) About

My Alfa Romeo history started when I left school at the tender age of 15, like many, I left with no real qualifications and University and College were for rich people. I did however, have my father's passion for cars and bikes. The girl I was seeing at the time, lived next door to an Alfa Romeo dealership 'Martins Garage, Singlewell Road, Gravesend (yes I'm a Kent boy)

Anyway her dad got me a job there as a Car Cleaner this was in the days of Alfa GTV6's being brand new and the Used cars were Alfetta's, Guilietta's, Sud's, Sprints and the New 33's it was also the time that Alfa Romeo introduced the Arna (not Alfa's Finest moment ). I remained in that job for about a year and then moved to another dealer in the same role, fast forward, got promoted and in the end became General Manager of a Honda Dealership. I left the motortrade in 2001 and started with the bank, why am I telling you this? Because this was the first time I had the opportunity to choose my own company car. And I took delivery of a beautiful Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed. My love affair with the 147 only lasted about a year as the seat gave me incredible back pain and it took me a further 6 months to convince the bank it was the seat was causing the problem. Because of this I have kept away from Alfa's.

Now in my not to distant car ownership past, I had a Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 roadster, a car that even today I regret selling, although the reasons for selling at the time were correct. I recently sold the Cooper S (one of the worst cars I have owned) and have decided to go back to a Convertible and have decided to buy a Spider (946) as this car in so many ways reminds me of the Crossfire.

So the search begins..............

Link to my website http://darranna.jigsy.com/ Last Updated 15/05/2016

Last edited by Darranna; 15-11-15 at 09:48.
Sponsored Links
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
AO Gold Member
County: West Yorkshire
Welcome to the crèche, don't forget to put your toys away after playtime, don't throw them like some do
County: Cork
Welcome to AO & good luck with the search
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 15-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: England
Thanks all for the kind welcome. I'm struggling to find exactly what I'm after but I'm prepared to wait for the right car at the right price.
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfa , family , return , romeo