1. do the back seats fold down at all? (its a saloon with leather) coz i will be using the car for work and the boot space concerns me.
2. how much does a cam belt change and a thermostat change cost? (i understand thermostats stick on 156's)
3. i presume its the pre-facelift interior, will it come with climate control?
4. is there ant way of replacing the carbon look dash with something similar to the snazzy brushed stainless looking stuff in the facelift 156's.
5. do they come with bose stereo systems as standard or is that the later ones if no, what are the stereo systems like?
6. how often will it need servicing and how much does it cost?
Welcome aboard mate, I will try and answer your questions to the best of my limited knowledge
I don't think the rear seats do fold down bud, all you get is a slot at the bottom that opens up, but unless you Ski it's not worth mentioning.
Ideally you want to buy a car that has just had its belts done, as if you need to get them done along with Thermostat and Water Pump etc you're looking at around £800+. It's an expensive job.
I would have thought that all you get in the pre face lift is Air Con. Also, the pre face lift 156 came with wooden dash surround/wheel/knob etc. And the face-lift one came with carbon. Unless you are talking about brand new 156's, in which case these aren't really my expertay. But as it's an 01 I am fairly certain it will come with carbon dash. Which I personally like.
The stereo system in my pre face lift 156 was a Clarion, and it did the job. The Bose systems only come in newer 156's I believe, not sure about the 2001 model though. It may have done. I wouldn't have thought so though.
Servicing costs can be quite costly, or they can be cheap-ish. Depends on where you go really.
Hope this helps.
Take it steady,