Alfista wannabe - this time real serious! :) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

4Likes
  • 1 Post By Greener123
  • 1 Post By Greener123
  • 1 Post By octinum
  • 1 Post By AlfaJoe92

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 17-09-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Turkey
Garage
Alfista wannabe - this time real serious! :)

Hi all,

Here's my story: I had been looking to buy a 156 SS for God knows how long but didn't have the opportunity till now. You know, underdeveloped country, high prices for even used cars, new family... In the meantime, I've done a lot of reading on AlfaOwner, so I might know some of you by name.

My significant other didn't drive until recently. A few months ago we received the happy news: A new member to the family! Since wifey is now an expectant mother, and taking advantage of the relaxed traffic in summer where we live, she started driving our beloved workhorse. Now my plans had to be changed; we needed a Laguna II for her safety, then I could get my Alfa next year.

That's when she said "I got used to this car, so when autumn comes and the traffic becomes the hell it normally is, I'll feel safer in this one for a few months". After that, the baby comes and she won't drive for another 4 months.

A silent moment of joy (while my lips said "no problem, we'll do as you wish")! Now I could have my first Alfa! Hooray!

What I'm primarily after is Selespeed in Walter da Silva's art combined with some tech like VDC, dual zone AC etc. That means a 156 Mk1.5; which is only model year 2003 here. Will be tough to find one in good shape but hey, I don't need a car, I want a 156, so I can wait until hell freezes over! Err... No, not that long, please.

Second choice: Selespeed in Sportwagon. Even more rare in Turkey; maybe one or two in Mk1.5 disguise, and then probably impossible other than my not-so-favorite color that is grey. I'll have questions about this one.

What if I can't find one of those in good shape? Will settle for a good deal on a Mk2. :/ No problem with the car itself; just personal preferences on aesthetics.

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me so I can join you with a Bella in red. And I hope you accept me in the club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC

County: Hampshire
Garage
Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
octinum likes this.
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC

County: Hampshire
Garage
oops, double post
octinum likes this.

Last edited by Greener123; 17-09-15 at 21:40.

(Post Link) post #4 of 10 Old 17-09-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Haha no probs, thanks a lot for the warm welcome!

County: Cork
Garage
Welcome to AO & good luck with the search, hopefully you'll soon be an Alfa owner
Global Mod Team

County: Milano
Garage
Welcome to AO
SCGT

Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎✫.•*”˜˜”*•✫
..✫.•*”˜˜”*•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛ 。* ♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

(Post Link) post #8 of 10 Old 04-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
I don't know if this is the correct place, but she's mine and I would like to introduce her to you all. She's a 2003 Selespeed Mk1.5. Autogas conversion done (gasoline is around 1 hour of minimum wage for a liter here, LPG is less than half the price ), 132.000kms on the clock.

I have some work to do; mostly cosmetic (fortunately). First thing to do is the springs; she has Sparco lowering springs and they appear to be mismatched to the weight and shocks of the car. Crashy ride, bottoming out on speed bumps here and there. Searching the forum for suggestions now; I'd like to have something like sportspack. Don't care how it looks, I'm after functionality.

Then of course wheels. It's going to be 16" Selespeed standard. Teledials are nice on 17", but factory Selespeed wheels look nicer to me in 16" size.

I'd like to thank all of you who shared ideas in my other topic. Helped a lot really.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 232219116nsa.jpg (51.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 232219116o8d.jpg (48.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 232219116aa0.jpg (42.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 232219116osx.jpg (39.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2322191161sp.jpg (44.6 KB, 2 views)
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 30-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
It's been a year of ownership. Yes, she had bad moments but never let me down. Did her best to get me back home each time something went wrong; and she did every single time. Yes, she's not complete yet. She needs new shocks, an engine overhaul, some suspension and paint work.

But after a year, my wife says I still have that stupid smile when I'm driving my Bella. And fortunately for me, she agrees to drive an Alfa if I buy one and ask her nicely; as I'm not selling Bella for the years to come and wifey is my best chance to drive other Alfas. Maybe a 159 next year; then a Giulia after 10 years.

Let's celebrate with a more recent photo; with Vela wheels and Eibach Pro-Kits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bella-arka-soldan_720x405.jpg (95.8 KB, 4 views)
AlfaJoe92 likes this.

Last edited by octinum; 30-09-16 at 20:57.
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Keeping the flame alive, good job mate, car looks amazing offset against that greenery.
octinum likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
alfista , real , serious , time , wannabe