In love with Zender
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gilmorton, Leicestershire
Silver 164 3.0 24v Super (1997)
I have just purchased the above as a project car, and can't wait to get stuck-in !
I have always lusted after the 164, as it is such a classic shape and has so much character, which you just don't get in cars today.
It's in reasonable condition, but as you would expect, it has a number of areas that need attention:
- the horn doesn't work (it came with 12 months MOT !);
- the heated seats don't work. Any ideas ?
- the mirrors are scrap, and need to be replaced. Does anyone have
a set of folding, heated mirrors for sale ?
- the exhaust is blowing or the manifold gasket;
- the air con doesn't work, although the stepper motors are fine;
The body work has a couple of minor blemishes, although the alloys are mint.
I need to identify a good specialist near Leicester, so would welcome your advice.
Anyway, looking forward to having some fun and frustration sorting it out. I'm based in Bristol during the week, and hope to get it very quickly to the point where I can rely on it to transport me there now and again.
Cars....can't stand the things !!!