E.b. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 18-08-07 Thread Starter

When asked, on joining this forum, where I first heard of E.B. there was no provision for a more specific reply, so I will give one. My association goes back to the early 70's when I imported 2000 Berlina from Cyprus. It is fair to say, in those early days, Alfa's reputation in UK was not particularly strong; all the better for those who knew the cars and were prepared to ignore the rhetoric as this helped the second hand market, although not the company. However, I have continuously owned Alfa's since then and do not, at the age of sixty understand what all that depreciative nonsense was all about. My current cars are a 1750 (my choise of badge for my 1.8, 156), which has 104,000 miles on the clock and still doesn't use any oil, and a 3.0ltr GTV (from new); which goes to see Mama every year, a much nicer car on the continent than on British roads. Having had the previous 2.5GTV which was balanced by a local engineering firm and cam-ed + spares by E. B., I can honestly say, I my current GTV is the better of the two. I am blessed with the ability to leave the past behind as a fond memory. The old was the greatest in its class for its time, but its time has gone, and my current model has more than adequately replaced it. I have not suffered the catastrophic failures that are oft reported of Alfa, although the 156 is a fragile gem. But in saying this, in those early years, living abroad, things may have been a lot different had E.B not been around! I hope they remain so, at least until my expiry date.
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team
County: British Columbia
Re: E.b.

welcome to AO enjoy the site
AO Member

Hi there and welcome to AO
Mark Alfa

Hello and welcome to AO Brian

hiya Brian and welcome to AO...

all the best

AO Platinum Member
County: -

Member car:

Hello and Welcome !!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself