Just ordered a new Giulietta QV - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 23-05-15 Thread Starter
Just ordered a new Giulietta QV

So, having had a couple of Skodas for the past decade or so (Ocatavia VRS and then my current Yeti), I decided it was time for something sportier.

Looked at the Toyota GT86, and Seat Leon Cupra, and then (admittedly on my wife's insistence) the Giulietta. In her words "it's so pretty!".

The GT86 very nearly sold itself to me - it's got probably the best driving position I've ever experienced. Low, with chunky and well weighted controls, and a lovely sense of being connected to the road. Engine sounds great, and while you don't have massive amounts of power it feels fast once you get the engine into the upper end of the rev range.

But despite that - it just felt as if it was a little short of what it *could* be. The engine really needs a slightly higher upper rev limit, something more like a Honda VTEC that runs up to 8500 rpm. An extra 50hp wouldn't go amiss either. Nor would back seats that were a bit more useable.

And while the slightly slidey back-end was fun on a test drive, I think I'd get a bit frustrated with it over time - especially when trying to pull out of damp junctions in busy traffic. So replacement tyres would probably have to be fitted in short order.

So the Leon was next up to consider. Inoffensive looking, with slightly sharper lines than a Golf, but a dull interior. I will admit the main attraction was the stonking 280hp motor, but having been in VW-group boxes for long enough, I really wanted something that felt a bit different.

So the Giulietta was the last one we looked at. Arranged a test drive of a "Launch Edition" Quadrifoligo Verde that the dealer had, and it was a blast to drive. And looked fabulous. So that pretty much sealed the deal :-)

I had come close to joining the Alfa fold back in 2001, when I very nearly bought a stunning GTV coupe (I think it was a 3l V6) that lured me in to a dealership in Leeds. But the sales staff at the time didn't seem particularly welcoming or interested, so I ended up in the Skoda dealer, and bought a new Octavia vRS instead.

But I now have a brand new Giulietta Quadrifoligio Verde in Cobalto blue on order, and honestly can't wait to get behind the wheel. Have kept the standard seats, since they felt perfectly comfortable on the car I test-drove, but did order the adaptive Xenon lights, since they make night-driving a bit easier.

Now I just have a frustrating wait until the Alfa arrives! Time to start reading all the old Giulietta threads on the forum :-)

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
Well done on the QV. I'm in the same position as you, got a QV on order and patiently waiting. I've gone for the xenon's too, plus Bose and sunroof.
AO Silver Member
County: North Yorkshire
Hi and welcome

Cobalto blue looks stunning too - very nearly went for that myself. Look forward to reading how you get on with your QV when you get it!
County: Cork
Welcome to AO David & congrats in advance on your QV, I think you've picked the best colour for it
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Welcome To ⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛ 。* ♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★
Global Mod Team
County: Milano
Congrats on the Giulietta and welcome

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

giulietta , ordered