biggbn interview... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 26-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

bmw m3 evo coupe

biggbn interview...

Your Forum name

Real name
george neil

old enough to know better, young enough not to care......

security industry, general manager, trainer, listening to the voices in my head, several of which now refuse point blank to speak to me...

initially thought you meant lives so was gonna put several....simultaneously...but see you mean where?? dundee

Marital Status

which cars do you drive and why?
alfa gtv 2000 alfetta.....why...cos like all the other stoopid cars iv owned, its a bit different, it has passion, its got a soul....and im extremely unlikely to park next to another one up here!!

Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo?
im passionate for cars in general...owned 140 plus over the years!!!, some dogs, some diamonds...alfetta is my first alfa and is proving to be a labour of love already!!

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
….do you think it’s fundamental to own one to have the passion?

alfasud!!....i always lusted after the cars no one else wanted when i was mates wanted a golf gti, i wanted an alfasud ti, mates wanted a capri, i wanted a i started buying car magazines whilst at school, i learned all about alfas, lancias etc...yearning after aurelia b20s, alfa sz....anything old, italian and chic!..i adore italian cars, have owned many fiats...i love the fact that even a basic uno seems to have been tailored for the driver and is, above all, FUN.....i dont think you have to own an alfa to be passionate about many many marques yet dont own 'em!!

Would you ever consider joining an Alfa Club or are you already a member of one?

undecided as yet........fancy attending meets and seeing other alfas tho, so a tentative yes....

What do you like most about Alfas?

the way the car seems to be alive......the engineering is there primarily to make it drive better, not dull down the experience/make it safe!!...inboard discs, rear mounted transaxle,rorty twin cam engine with real old fashioned carbs.....when you sit in the alfetta, in typical italian fashion, the dominant instrument is the rev counter, plunked right in front of you!!!!..obviously......

What do you like least about Alfas?

rust.....potential unreliability....cost......hoping to minimize all three...but i dont mind spending money on a car i genuinely LOVE...!!

What would be your dream cars?
stratos, citroen sm, maserati bora, tatra 603 v8, alfa sz il monstro, fiat 500 abarth, chevy corvair convertible, bog standard '72 1200 beetle, lancia aurelia b20, early porsche 911, 427 big block split window corvette, late 60's hemi cuda or charger, tucker, citroen traction avant, citroen 2cv sahara......but thats just todays list...this can all change tomorrow..or even in 5 minutes!!!

What car would you least like to drive?
i will drive anything that keeps the rain off....but im careful what i give my heart too!!!

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?

inverness to fort william, then down to oban....then back and down glencoe, along all the beautiful lochsides to loch tay...onto a9 and home........sorry i can remember the names of the roads, but i did this many years ago in a vw camper and enjoyed it, so i wanna go do it in my a single day...on my own, with the twink singing and the windows down so i can hear that induction roar!!

Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us?

too favourite old alfa sayings are, and you have probably heard them ad nauseum.....the 1% of the time they are going right makes up for the 99% of the time they are broken....OR when they are right they are like a cheap ferrari...the rest of the time they are like an expensive fiat!!...stands back...ducks....

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?

anything with wheels.....weightlifting, mma, boxing, judo, running, cycling...most sports in and good films....but i avoid drivel...i always feel cheated if a watch a film and its grade a bo**ocks.....coupla hours of my life i will never get back.....and we have to few of them to squander!!

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)

i have several years worth of scribblings on life in general and one day i will compile them and send em off to see if the world needs or wants to know of the experiences of a right wing peace loving shaven headed libertarian hippie always applying for posts for benevolent avuncular dictators....i was once described by a dear friend as being like 'a dangerous version of mussolini' an agnostic dyslexic who suffers from amnesia, i sometimes lie awake at night wondering if there IS a dog.....

If you had £50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it?

citroen sm or maserati bora......OR 5k tatra 603 and call for the nekid big assed dancing girls and have the party of a lifetime...oh no wait...thats NEXT weekend...
Sponsored Links
Re: biggbn interview...

cheers george...
Mark Alfa

Nice interview George
AO Platinum Member
County: Surrey

Hello George
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Nice interview George
AO Gold Member
County: South Africa

Member car:

V6 Sportswagon

Hi George, Good one.

AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire

Hello and thanks for the interview

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

biggbn , interview

« Hello | Hello »