alfasud.ti - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 02-02-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfasud TI

alfasud.ti

Your Forum name
alfasud.ti

Real name
Constantine

36 (born 1970) but i feel like i'm still in my early 20s.

Occupation
Computer programmer.

Lives
Athens, Greece.

Marital Status
Single, one girlfriend and two mistresses.

which cars do you drive and why?
Ah, my two mistresses. The Alfa 147 1.6 TS tuned to 145HP and a 3-door Alfasud with a 1.7 8v carb engine from a 33. I fell in love with the 147 the first time i saw spy pictures of it -with the 156 front grill instead of the Series 1 grill and it was the first car i bought with my own money. The Sud was a project car for me and a friend, who later abandoned his half of the project for financial reasons and left sole ownership to me.

Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo?
I believe so, yes.

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
Seeing the first spy pics of the 147 and later driving my own. Then i discovered the huge technological heritage of the Marque and its contribution to road safety -by means of selling "actively safe" cars to people.

do you think it’s fundamental to own one to have the passion?
No. it's not fundamental but my life would be a lot more boring without my Alfas.

Would you ever consider joining an Alfa Club or are you already a member of one?
I am an administrator of the on-line "Alfisti" club of Greece but not a member of the official greek AROC for various reasons.

What do you like most about Alfas?
Road handling, engine note, exterior and interior design and personality. Also the fact that their excellent road manners have really saved many lives and continue to do so.

What do you like least about Alfas?
That the new models need a diet and some extra HP -badly.

What would be your dream cars?
Alfa 8C, Ferrari 430, Maserati Quattroporte.

What car would you least like to drive?
An SUV. I feel very insecure driving a car with a high center of gravity and an elevated driver seat.

For you, what’s the most popular thread on AO?
Many of the off-topic threads with social content, although i find it hard to participate because of "impedance mismatch" due to language and culture.

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?
Any winding B-road with good tarmac (the latter is quite rare in Greece) would do, no passenger, no music other than the engine note.

Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us?
Not really, other that i find it very amusing when i catch other drivers looking at my 330mm 4-pot caliper brakes -retrofitted from a 159 3.2V6- with awe at traffic lights. Oh, and the looks on the faces of young expensive "sportscar" drivers when they find that they can't shake my 25-year-old Sud off their rear ends at winding roads.

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?
Computers, cars in general, WWII warplanes. I used to do some rafting but it's been a long time since i gave that up.

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
When i was a kid, my father who was a meteorologist, rest his soul, would take me to the national weather service where i had the chance to play with some very interesting pieces of hardware. One of those was a massive meteorological radar whose control instruments covered two walls of a small room. I got to power up the beast by turning about 10 switches like an airliner pilot and then i would monitor distant targets (mostly clouds) for altitude, distance and heading. Some very expensive child's play there at the expense of the greek taxpayers' money.

Do you have a party trick? If so what is it?
Just my charming personality.

What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or people?
The great humour mostly in the offtopic subforum and many social discussions with some very well informed people. Also some people that are very knowledgeable on cars and Alfas specifically but without any trace of arrogance or irony.

If you had £50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it?
Hummmm... that would be about €80,000 right? Let me see.... definately a trip to Cuba before Fidel Castro dies and the island is turned to a huge bordello by the americans. A trip to Nuerburgring and as many laps as i could with a rental Ferrari, Maserati or a powerful RWD old Alfa. Another trip to Lapland during Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Re: alfasud.ti

Very nice interview, Constantine.

Don't let the language differences trouble you. You've got a fabulous command of English, and you do a wonderful job of making yourself understood.

I'm guessing you find the cultural differences a bit more of a challenge (all the very British references, slang, etc.). If that's the case don't let it worry you. Jump in and offer an opinion or ask for an explanation. Just remember, it's our duty as part of the international subgroup of AO to remind the Brits that they no longer rule the world.
--Toronto
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Spider
Just remember, it's our duty as part of the international subgroup of AO to remind the Brits that they no longer rule the world.
--Toronto
When did that happen?

Nice interview Constantine.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
County: Memphis
Garage

Member car:

A galleon

very interesting Constantine - like the sound of you 'sud too!
Global Mod Team

County: Milano
Garage

Thanks for sharing your profile with us Constantine

And by the way, Cuba's pretty much a bordello already
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

But the lack of Americans makes it a tropical paradise.

@Alfa78PP,
What happened, did you get the memo? I'll have to talk to the staff about that.
--Toronto
JFK
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire

Love the bit about the 25 year old 'Sud and "sportscars" on windy roads.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 07-02-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfasud TI

Thank you all for your kind words.

Yes, the Sud is a real punisher. Low weight, lots of low-down torque and throttle response and unbelievable cornering.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
alfasudti