A 147 JTD 16v joins you here - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 10-09-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
A 147 JTD 16v joins you here

Hello I'm writting from Portugal, but I'm currently living in Angola. In Portugal I drive a 147 JTD 16v running now with around 210hp.

I've just checked some posts in this forum and I must say I'm quite excited to start participating here, sure looks like tons of usefull input
around here

All the best!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

6C 2500

Re: A 147 JTD 16v joins you here

Hello and welcome to AO
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire

Hi and welcome to AO, what have you had done to your car to get it up to 210bhp?

Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Hi there mate, welcome to the forum

PS: I do hope your nick is not your actual name
AO Member

Hello Zbrskz!

Welcome on board.

Enjoy this site full of great Afla owners enthousiasm!

By the way I am also amazed that you managed to boosy your 147power to 210 Bhp. Amazimg! Please share yor sectrets with the community!!!

All the Best

welcome to AO dude

(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 11-09-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi guys, thank you all for your welcome votes!.

Nope, my actual name is not zbrskz , it's just something I use to register everywhere, have never found an "already registered user" message!

Well, I'm currently running with 210hp but my actual goal is somewhere around 250hp. I have a custom made turbo that is currently doing 1.550bar but once I have a decent intercooler I can move up to 1.8 or even 1.9 @ 4000rpms. I should be having intake temps close or higher than 100ºC with the stock IC, so that's why even the turbo is designed for much higher boost pressures I'm only using 1.55 for now. The turbo is really a sweety, I don't loose much at lower revs, below 1,750rpms it's quite dead, but around 2,000 I already have something like 375Nm, 430Nm@2200rpms. The common rail injection pressure has been raised around 300bars. My clutch was also "reinforced", and it should cope with a 500 to 600Nm torque. I also have a direct pipe from my turbo all the way to the final mufler (is that how it is called?) with all Kats being removed, but this doesn't really boosts the power.

This engine is really a beauty, with just 1.5bar I have seen dynos with power rasing from 4,000 all the way to 5,300rpms!!! Normally, 2l diesel turbo engines like VAGs with constant injection and boost tend to drop power just after 4,000rpms... Anyway, I don't feel confortable on having such levels of power from 4,500rpms on ...

Best Regards,

Last edited by zbrskz; 11-09-06 at 04:14.
County: Alba

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

Originally Posted by sussexa View Post
try this for air fuel qty required for more.(from zbrskz on alfa forum)
Hi Guys,

After reading the last 4 pages or so since I've been away, a couple of issues from my knowledge:

1. 1st generation of 147 JTD 16v (mine included) are indid limited to 175-180hp before you "run out of VNT" of the original turbo;

2. 159 JTDm injectors are the same as mine, as the 1.9CDTI's ones for that matter (1st JTD to come with a stock 1600bar rail)

I've just returned from Portugal where unfortunately I only spent 3 days with my new GTB2056V, and ready for the news? - it is THE turbo for the 1.9!!!!! - absolutely brilliant!:

1. 1bar@1500rpm
2. 2bar@2000, could go higher, but my MAP only reads up to 2.085 and I must start controlling the turbo quite early:
3. @4000rpm, with 110mg of fuel I still have more than 30% of VNT!!! (110mg@2bar is enough for 245hp)

Now, the only question is where the hell can I find the compressor map for this turbo?!?, because at 4000rpms my engine is already sucking up 26lb/min of air, at 4500 it's around 29lb/min, and I honestly can't picture a 56mm compressor to be able to make 3bar of absolute pressure with these figures of air flow ...

If the turbo can actually make 2bar of relative pressure all the way, we would be speaking of 280hp@4500 and more than 300hp@5000 ....

And even with a rail pressure drop from 1800 to 1700bar with iq's above of 105mg, I still have a "window" to squeeze and burn 115mg (and probably more) of fuel.

The 16v engine has beautiful VE figures, 2bar is around 1500mg/i of air during most of the range, that's pretty much smokeless up to 105mg of fuel (around 230hp@4000rpm and 250hp@4500).

hope this helps, your injectors should have enough flow! for more.

Please more details about how you actually fit the gtb 2056V (what s the difference between this and the 2056VK that is used on 2.4 jtd 210 HP Alfa 159's). The exhaust manifold on 1.9 cdti on opel/vauxhall is welded into the turbo. You cannot have the exhaust manifold on it's own. On fiat bravo/ alfa 147/ alfa 159 1.9 jtdM do you have the exhaust manifold and the turbo as 2 separate pieces?
If you can give us some more details on the entire process of mounting the turbo that will be great!

Thank you!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

147 , 16v , joins , jtd