Let me entertain you - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

AO Member

Re: Let me entertain you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenchTifosi
Hi Red Baron,

Sorry for your S2000, I guess this is the worse nightmare for every soft top convertible driver (That's why when my other car is a convertible with an hard top).

Regarding the acts of vandalism, I must admit you are right: French people intends to respect nice cars in general. But not everywhere in France, unfortunately.

As I spent ca. 20 years of my life in Paris, I know this very well from experience.
For instance, My Dad's Alfa (A 156 Sportwagon in Rosso Red) has been damaged to the extreme and most of the time when the poor innocent car was simply parked. The guilty and unrespectful buggers make day after day me old man more depressed about his car, What a shame!!!

Fabrice
Mind you to be more exact, one of the biggest dent on the driver door of my Dad's car was done by my mum in the UK:

Last year when they visited me, we took my 147 for a lovely visit to Cambridge. When we came back I parked next to my parents car, my mum opened her door and knocked the 156. My door was Ok but what a dent on the 156 . A guess what! My Dad was not happy

But eh, with a French "75" number plate (Paris) it gives some more identity on the car, like a scar on a boxer's face!!! RESPECT!!!!

Fabrice

When everyone is against you, it means that you are absolutely wrong...
...or absolutely right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #27 of 28 Old 13-09-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi Fabrice, So you know Sabine? Of course i watched her game attempt to beat JCs time of 10:00, How do you know her?
I feel for your dad, there are some wicked buggers about, I had my GTV completely keyed one night in Kent, every panel, More bizzarely I took my S2000 to southern of Portugal and somebody kindly climbed underneath the car and unscrewed the Oil filter to within half a turn of falling off! I only discovered this because the same person (i presume) stole the aerial, which made me look under the car to see if was there, that's when i noticed a small pool of oil! Can you imagine that, in the middle of nowhere, with a seized engine, a cyinical and shocking attack. GB plates are not welcome everywhere. these thugs, jealous, vindictive or otherwise have never put me off, driving round europe is wonderful, the diversity and variations of culture iare magical.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Red_Baron
Hi Fabrice, So you know Sabine? Of course i watched her game attempt to beat JCs time of 10:00, How do you know her?
I feel for your dad, there are some wicked buggers about, I had my GTV completely keyed one night in Kent, every panel, More bizzarely I took my S2000 to southern of Portugal and somebody kindly climbed underneath the car and unscrewed the Oil filter to within half a turn of falling off! I only discovered this because the same person (i presume) stole the aerial, which made me look under the car to see if was there, that's when i noticed a small pool of oil! Can you imagine that, in the middle of nowhere, with a seized engine, a cyinical and shocking attack. GB plates are not welcome everywhere. these thugs, jealous, vindictive or otherwise have never put me off, driving round europe is wonderful, the diversity and variations of culture iare magical.
Hi Red Baron,

Unfortunately I don't know her personally, but she seems to be a fun person. Anyway I do know several White van drivers who pitfully attemp to race like her on a daily basis on the M1. I must admit they are far less impressive and in general, when they are not complete psychos, I can put quickly a great distance between me and them.

On the other hand, regarding you arial and oil filter, have you checked on e-bay Portugal? you may find the guilty person by selling both items at a good price (Mind you the Euros intends to increase streetmarket prices!)

More serioulsy how did you manage this situation? (driving home without arial is on thing, but not having lost your oil filter is another one!).

Cheers

Fabrice

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
entertain